Gain weight without appetite

Options
I know it’s nuts but I’ve lost 60 pounds in 1-1/2 years (stress) and and at a low 130 - I was 213 at my largest. How to I get my appetite back?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I know it’s nuts but I’ve lost 60 pounds in 1-1/2 years (stress) and and at a low 130 - I was 213 at my largest. How to I get my appetite back?

Have you had a checkup? I would think a doctor would be the first place to start.
  • AthenaBosi
    AthenaBosi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If stress is why you don't have an appetite, you need to figure out how you can eliminate some of that first. Then slowly ease your way back into eating good again.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor and if you haven't already, talk to a therapist.
  • rwelc3
    rwelc3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is your workout like? You may not be working out hard enough to stimulate your appetite. I had this problem and when I started doing heavy squats my hunger came back in full force. Also eating breakfast helps to get your body primed for food.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Honestly, sometimes you have to approach nutrition and eating like an unpleasant job. If I relied on only "appetite" during a bulk I'd never gain a pound and would probably lose weight. I chart my caloric requirements and then do whatever I need to do to achieve them... this usually means shoving things into my mouth when the last thing I really want is to eat anything.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    aroma. I get hungry when I get to enjoy the aroma of foods I love.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I also suggest seeing a dr as many things can cause appetite loss. from medical issues to medications you may take.
  • EvgenyP
    EvgenyP Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    [