Sos

Options
Hi, this is my first post.

I’ve been on this journey for a few months now and I’ve lost around 23.5 pounds. I’m feeling great I’m happy about it. However, I went rock climbing the other week and really messed up my back and it’s been over a week and doesn’t seem to be getting better. Does anyone have any exercises that aren’t as hard on your back? Just so I can give it time to heal?

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I bet a doctor or physical therapist would have good answers. I’ve heard that swimming is very low-impact though!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I have a herniated disc in my lower back. I was told that motion exercise is best. Swimming, walking, biking, for at least 20 minutes. Swimming is best, but walking helped me a lot. I only made it to the end of my driveway the first day. And wasn't sure I could get back to the house. I took 1 more step the next day, and every day after, until I made the 20 minutes. Good luck!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion of going to the doctor so you can actually get diagnosed before figuring out on your own what might work for you. It my very well be benign and/or an injury that responds to movement or it could be a case of you needing to rest in order to heal.
  • Amaris_89
    Amaris_89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've had two herniated discs and though walking was painful I was still advised to keep doing it as it would help my back along. I've also been told to not do certain exercises in the gym that involves twisting from side to side, so Russian twists for example. The best thing for you to do of course would be to go and see your own doctor just so you're sure what's wrong and how to best proceed. Hope you feel better soon!