Fish Oil....

Options
Should i be taking a fish oil supplement everyday??? i dont like fish all that much so i dont get the things i may need from it. All opinions welcome just kinda need some feed back on this issue.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned about your Omega 3:6 ratio, you should. You can also take flax oil which has similar benefits. If you get fish oil caps, get the no burps kind. Fish oil burps on an empty stomach is no fun!
    Barleans makes a fantastic tasting fish oil lemon slurry, and I highly recommend it.
  • carlobuff
    Options
    Look up the benefits of fish oil on the internet.
    Ask your doctor.
    I take lovaza- a prescription fish oil to help lower triglycerides.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I take two pills before bed. I hate the taste of fish. I found if you take them during the day/evening you can get "fish" burps and it gaged me. So taking it before bed has gotten rid of this issue. I began taking them becouse my Doctor reccomended it. It has helped lower my T somethings. ( Forgot Medical Name)
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I would. Your body needs it, those healthy Omegas.Later you may be taking Lipator to control Cholesterol if you don't
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Use flax instead it has omega 3 in it. I hate fish and just finished a bottle of fish oil it was gross, you will burp fish taste. You won't need cholesterol meds if you don't take fish oil. I've never taken or eaten any of that and my cholesterol is great.
  • shadykins
    Options
    I personally think everybody should, unless you are getting Omega 3 (fish/salmon) 3 X a week from foods. Make sure you get a suppliement that is Omega 3 and not Omega 6, that is very unncessary and found in all the junk food anyway. You should get 720 mg of DHA in your Omega 3 for health benefits. Read the label because you can buy some that you will have to take 2 before every meal but there are some with a high amount of DHA and you will only have to take 2 in the morning. You will get used to the fish taste when you burp after while. They are woth it and sooooo food for you!!!!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love fish but i also take Fish Oil 2,400mg/700mg Omega-3 every day, it's great for your Heart as well
  • shadykins
    Options
    I have taken Omega 3 for quite some time and still have to take Cholesterol meds. It really depends on your family history, your cholesterol level and what your doctor says. Its great though if you can get rid of meds by a great exercise and diet routine.
  • DebWasher
    DebWasher Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fish oil for me seems to help a lot of things, including my skin - it seems that I don't have dry skin anymore. Could be something else, but since I've been taking it - no more flaky skin!
  • sharishar
    sharishar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I used to take fish oil and it made me ill. I now take flaxseed oil as well as eating fish at least 3 times a week
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Ive been taking fish oil for more then a year and Im now amazing! ...See :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I take one pill everyday.

Side Note: For some reason, I always end up squeezing my Fish Oil pills before taking them, just to see how flexible I can make them (weird, I know) Anyway, today the capsule busted and I ended up with fish oil all over my hand and desk. I guess the moral of the story is don't play with your Fish Oil capsules lol
  • shadykins
    Options
    DebWasher, it definitely helps the skin, the hair, heart, brain and more...its one of the best things out there.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I take one pill everyday.

Side Note: For some reason, I always end up squeezing my Fish Oil pills before taking them, just to see how flexible I can make them (weird, I know) Anyway, today the capsule busted and I ended up with fish oil all over my hand and desk. I guess the moral of the story is don't play with your Fish Oil capsules lol

Dont bite them either ... Its bad. Just sayin'