New to this, looking for New Me!

Hello! I am 43, mom of 3, two still home in elementary school which keeps me so busy. I am a teacher for special education students with learning disabilities. I have the pleasure this year of working from home for an online public high school. So I have time to take care of myself for once. I just purchased an ellipitical and have worked up to 15 minutes at a time. Not sure how many reps I should do of that each day. It says that burns about 100 calories each time. Not bad. Any activity is more than I was previously getting!
I also just found out that I am in shock menopause this summer. So I have the hormone battle which can greatly hinder the weight loss efforts I am told.

I would be interested in friends who are in similar circumstances.

Replies

• Welcome, Oswegomom! I joined about a month ago, and have lost 2 pounds. I'll admit, I don't login everyday, and I don't exercise enough everyday (some days just 10 minutes is all I can fit in), but every week I've added a little more to my exercise. This week I've added a new route to walk, which adds 2 more minutes to my walk. Moral of this story: no matter what type/how much exercise you're doing, as long as you're moving, you're burning calories! And exercise helps with the menopause symptoms. . . Feel free to friend me.