Working out before work...

Options
I’ve never been a morning person. I can wake up and go but I always hit the snooze at least three times before I actually got up. For years I kept telling myself to get up and work out because it would set the right tone everytime to have a productive day. I just wouldn’t commit to it. Now that I’m fully committed to my goal I now wake up and exercise almost everyday and it is life changing. You should try it. Even as simple as a little walking makes a difference. Next step is breakfast every morning ! Any other ideas?

Replies

• cmash30
    cmash30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you
  • seahawks_12
    seahawks_12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting up too. I would like to try to go on the treadmill in the morning but I'm going to have to get up a bit earlier.
  • cmash30
    cmash30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Seeeeeaaa Haaawwwkkss
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to be committed to breakfast?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm in the gym no later than 6am. Never once did I ever think I would be a morning person and yet here I am :)
  • all_survivor15
    all_survivor15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Unless you are IF, breakfast has been proven to be the most important meal of the day, no matter what time you eat it. It is what wakes up your metabolism from that overnight time when you do not intake any calories. Hence the name “break fast”. I used to NOT eat breakfast, but when i decided to change my nutrition goals, it became a MUST for me. Again, not for everyone. Some may go the Intermittent Fasting way, but breakfast got my metabolism going early in the day for me.

I like to work out in the mornings before my day starts. Do you eat breakfast before or after a morning work out? AND what kind of breakfast are you eating?
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Unless you are IF, breakfast has been proven to be the most important meal of the day, no matter what time you eat it. It is what wakes up your metabolism from that overnight time when you do not intake any calories. Hence the name “break fast”. I used to NOT eat breakfast, but when i decided to change my nutrition goals, it became a MUST for me. Again, not for everyone. Some may go the Intermittent Fasting way, but breakfast got my metabolism going early in the day for me.

Everyone does IF, it's just a matter of how long (you sleep, don't you?)

You say breakfast has been "proven" to be the most important meal. Can you site any kind of source on this? Both mayo clinic and harvard medical suggest otherwise.

Also, do you have any links to studies showing metabolism for the day is higher when you break fast earlier in the day? What do you mean by "wakes up" your metabolism?

This is classic "bro-science" and is not accepted by the general medical and nutrition community.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You say breakfast has been "proven" to be the most important meal.

Kellogg's says so
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    What time do you normally eat your first meal? Technically that would be your breakfast. I like to hold off eating until I've been up for a few hours. Once I eat then I'm hungry every couple of hours.
    Good job on the discipline of getting your workouts in every day! I prefer morning workouts because I feel much more ready to tackle my day with my workout already completed.
    Other ideas... What other things are you interested in? Maybe set a goal for weights or try to master a bodyweight skill like the handstand. Good luck!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You say breakfast has been "proven" to be the most important meal.

Kellogg's says so

Did you listen to the Stuff You Should Know podcast about the Kelloggs brothers? What a bunch of weirdos.