Is this gonna work??

Options
I’m new to MFP for tracking. My calorie goal is 1200. How have people that have 20 lbs to lose done? Love to hear your stories. I’m only 4’10” so a little weight goes a long way. In both directions up and down, lol.

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a calorie deficit you will lose weight. The smaller the amount you have to lose, the slower it gets and sometimes a loss can be masked by fluctuations. Be precise and be patient, it will come off.
  • andrewscott455
    andrewscott455 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Lost 60 pounds doing intermittent fasting and calorie restriction. Also eating the right calories. No sugar and low carbs. It's tough as hell.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    There are no "right" calories, only the right amount of calories. I've lost 80lbs so far and I incorporate all kinds of calories into my meals - including carbs and sugar. For weight loss, the source of calories is unimportant unless it interferes with your satiety.

ETA:
    Lost 60 pounds doing intermittent fasting and calorie restriction. Also eating the right calories. No sugar and low carbs. It's tough as hell.

It's tough when you have necessary dietary restrictions. OP, my advice is not to restrict anything that isn't medically necessary. That way, you're reducing the "tough" down to almost nothing. Just restrict your calorie intake, and make sure you're honest with yourself about how much you're eating. Good luck to you.

• lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Just take a look at all of the success stories. Lots of people have found success here.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    It definitely works! It's pretty slow when you don't have much to lose, so accurate logging, consistency. and patience are extra important.