Alcohol on diet?

Options
I like to enjoy a drink from time to time, what is the best alcohol to drink when it comes to weight loss? Thanks guys! Btw I’ve managed to lose 13lbs within 20 days :-)

Replies

• Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Straight liquor is the best "bang for the buck" calorie-wise. Go for on the rocks or mixed with diet soda.
    Great job on your 13 pounds!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    There is no "best" alcohol for weight loss, it all comes down to what you find easiest to fit into your calorie goals. Different types of alcohol have different calorie counts, so look up the various things you like to drink and plan from there. Don't forget to count your mixers (if you have any).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you are good at math, pure grain alcohol has 7 calories per gram.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Go for gluten free, lowfat vegan keto beer. :#
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits in your calorie goal. Whether that is 4 gin and slimline tonics (approx. 200-220 cals) or one pint (approx. 200-220 cals) is by the by.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    (Exact number of calories may vary)
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits into your calories and doesn't cause you to binge!
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like beer and enter in my beers for the day - 3 in the morning. Then I eat what is left of my daily calorie allowance. But I’d rather not drink at all because it usually leads me to eat other unhealthy foods. 😧
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like and fits into your calories. It is obvious that you won't get much bang for your buck if you drink high calorie things like White Russians but a beer or two, cocktail with lighter mixers like a whiskey and soda, and wine can easily be worked it.

Just make sure you are not crowding out proper nutrition. Alcohol should be more like a treat: enjoy it after hitting your macro minimums.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    On a serious note...vodka sodas with lime or lemon are fairly low in calories.