I Need Some Positivity People!

Options
A user made a post here earlier today about combating negativity/bullying on the message boards, and I totally agree! After seeing such a trend of cynicism and snarkiness on the boards, I want to have a "Happy Place"! This topic can be about anything you want, but it has to be 100% positive!! Did you have a great day today? Do you think you look kick-*kitten* in your new skinny jeans? Did you totally blow it on calories, but you learned something valuable in the process? ALL these things are great - LET'S HEAR IT!! The only thing off limits is being a Debbie Downer (someone can even start a Debbie Downer thread if they want, and you can lodge any complaints with posts on this thread over there, LOL!)

I KNOW there's a whole army of optimists out there, suit up and head out! :-)

I'll go first - I had my first calorie recovery yesterday! I usually completely fall apart after one bad day, and all weekend, I logged my calories (even though they were catastrophically over on Saturday) and kept on trucking yesterday. The result was only having one bad day, then getting right back up on the horse! I'm completely stoked I didn't give up!

Replies

• sanren79
    sanren79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Girlie...I am right there with you.

and no wonder you need some happy people, if you are reading 1984...haha!
  • sanren79
    sanren79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

• dbra58
    dbra58 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! Keep up the good work!

I totally agree about being positive. Something I have learned is that negativity spreads like a cancer:( A bad mood can bring everyone down! Also, the more positive you are the better you feel about yourself, and when you are trying to lose weight and get in shape that is MAJOR!

So, yeah, let's make this a long thread....
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    All positivity here!!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I had a delicious sandwich for lunch today with tomato and turkey bacon.....mmm I wish I had two
  • bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    Options

LOL! I love it, but it is definitely a downer. I just finished it, and sort of had this "AHHHH / AWWWW" feeling :-)

Next book is going to have to be Cannery Row or Little Women or something!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    A user made a post here earlier today about combating negativity/bullying on the message boards, and I totally agree! After seeing such a trend of cynicism and snarkiness on the boards, I want to have a "Happy Place"! This topic can be about anything you want, but it has to be 100% positive!! Did you have a great day today? Do you think you look kick-*kitten* in your new skinny jeans? Did you totally blow it on calories, but you learned something valuable in the process? ALL these things are great - LET'S HEAR IT!! The only thing off limits is being a Debbie Downer (someone can even start a Debbie Downer thread if they want, and you can lodge any complaints with posts on this thread over there, LOL!)

I KNOW there's a whole army of optimists out there, suit up and head out! :-)

I'll go first - I had my first calorie recovery yesterday! I usually completely fall apart after one bad day, and all weekend, I logged my calories (even though they were catastrophically over on Saturday) and kept on trucking yesterday. The result was only having one bad day, then getting right back up on the horse! I'm completely stoked I didn't give up!

I love your spunk! Can we do this? Yes we can!
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Keep up with the positive attitude! We all fall down on occasion but we have to motivate one another to keep up beat and know that we can lose the weight, tone up, or whatever our goals may be.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The word "snarky" or any dirivative thereof cracks me up!!! Thanks girl. Laughing's positive, right? :laugh:
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome day! Said goodbye (for the last time) to 12!!!!
  • janrobinette
    Options
    One of my friends has said she thinks I need an intervention because I am too happy! I love how I feel and it makes me happy. After so much time spent feeling sick & tired I love that I have energy and WANT to be active. :) I have a long way to go and it is frustrating doing this 1 lb. at a time but I agree - HAPPY, POSITIVE support is the only way to go!!

Have a wonderfiul Day!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    O and someone got dark chocolate brownies stuck in my head....and I hate them for that....but I wont let myself eat it....plus they dont make them in Canada
  • bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The word "snarky" or any dirivative thereof cracks me up!!! Thanks girl. Laughing's positive, right? :laugh:
    Laughing is like, King of the Positives! :-)
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Mine is similar to yours!

I had to go out of town (out of the country in fact!) last week for a work function. I left Wednesday around noon and got home about midnight Thursday night. I did so so while gone...ate a lot more carbs than I should've. Took me all weekend to fully recover...but TODAY is AWESOME!!!! I'm back in the game and feeling invincable!!! Can't wait go get off of work to go home an do my work out!!

Oh...my other positive is that I tried a new recipe for dinner on Saturday night and L-O-V-E-D it!!! Even the hubby said it was great....and he's not a fan of "good-for-you" food. Bonus!!

A positive attitude will take you farther than any other attitude!!
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Two days ago, I felt like a soaked sponge, all bloated sitting here waiting for AF. Then, we went on a four hour walking tour of a medieval village, mostly uphill it seemed LOL, and I sweated like I was trying to put out a fire. Today, when I weighed, I realized I'd walked and sweated off the bloat, even though AF hasn't reared her ugly head yet :) I put on a summer skirt I'd forgotten I owned, and for the first time since I bought it about six years ago, I had to actually tie the drawstring to keep it on :)

Later on, when I was in the restroom, I saw myself in the mirror and realized I have a waist again :)

I'm likin' this.

*big grin*
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    My best friend used the word "snarky" the other day to her sister. He sister and others had no clue what it was. I just assumed she and I had our own language since we are besties!!! Nice to know someone else who uses that word....cracks me up!!! :laugh:
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    OK - had to throw this in to share a good laugh with you all. I put this in a different thread over the weekend and it got lots of laughs. Try it!!!

This is pretty funny..
    1. Go to Google Maps and click on Get Directions.
    2. Write USA as your start point.
    3. Write Japan as your destination.
    4. Go to the 31st point on your route and when you stop laughing, share with someone else so they can share the laugh!

:laugh:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Someone I have not seen in a while said I looked like I lost a lot of weight today. * I'm feeling fabulous* :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • BelindaBuzz
    Options
    Made homemade crab cakes...three of them only 157 calories! Had a Fab lunch, workout, and cleaning the house and hanging out with the kids....Loving every moment!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OK - had to throw this in to share a good laugh with you all. I put this in a different thread over the weekend and it got lots of laughs. Try it!!!

This is pretty funny..
    1. Go to Google Maps and click on Get Directions.
    2. Write USA as your start point.
    3. Write Japan as your destination.
    4. Go to the 31st point on your route and when you stop laughing, share with someone else so they can share the laugh!

:laugh:

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL