fats without protein

Options
So I am using this app and comparing it to the WW Free Style. I need more fats and 300 calories for my plan for the day but am out of protein..... any advice would be appreciate

Replies

• stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to not be so strict with yourself and to use this platform as more of a guideline.

I feel like forcing yourself to hit every macro exactly is a recipe for disaster that will probably worsen your relationship with food, rather than teach you a sustainable way of eating healthily.

So go on and eat some more protein if that's what you feel like eating.

That's just my opinion though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    going over your protein wont do you any harm.

peanut butter is your friend
  • dawnymo1
    dawnymo1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Peanut butter has been my friend for years 😜
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I would also double check the food entries that you've used. Fat and protein often go together so it's strange to go over in protein but not fat. People are usually asking for the opposite (proteins without fat). You may well be dealing with an incorrect entry.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    300 calories fat would be 30 grams of MCT oil or grass fed butter, or perhaps 12 green olives stuffed with blue cheese.
  • shannonkeddie1
    shannonkeddie1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WW diet plans are usually low fat type of diet so your fats will just automatically be lower if you are following there plan. It is easy to go over protein without getting your fat in by eating lean meat so it is easily done. I often have the same issue hitting my fat for the day as I have just switched from slimming world(similar to WW) to my fitness pal so has taken a bit of time to adjust. I would suggest trying to just focus on hitting your target calories for the day rather than your carbs/fat/protein. If you do go over you protein and way lower on your fat of vice versa its not a big deal as long as you hit the target calories you'll still lose weight.
  • shannonkeddie1
    shannonkeddie1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    But if you do want to bring your fat up I would suggest.. hummus, avocado, cheese, butter.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    If I need extra protein for the day I sneak in a Glucerna or add different brand protein powder to a cup of coffee or eat half a premier protein bar for snack. I also use PB2 in my coffee.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts are little fat bombs