DAMN Scale

Options
I have a problem.....no really, I can't seem to stop standing on the scale. I literally wake up and it's the first thing I go to, naked of course. Then I go to the bathroom and weigh myself AGAIN. UGH. I keep telling myself to get rid of it, put it elsewhere but I always go back to it. I know I'm obsessed and I know it's just a # but I can't stop!!!!

Replies

• cmbradfield
    Options
    I do the same thing. I weigh in the morning, occasionally throughout the day and at night after the gym. I have a love/hate relationship with the scale.
  • heatherhicksfakih
    heatherhicksfakih Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I suggest throwing it out the window :D
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My name is Q, and I'm a scale *kitten*...
  • astermarie
    astermarie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem...so I had my boyfriend hide it from me n now I only get it once a day. :)
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a problem.....no really, I can't seem to stop standing on the scale. I literally wake up and it's the first thing I go to, naked of course. Then I go to the bathroom and weigh myself AGAIN. UGH. I keep telling myself to get rid of it, put it elsewhere but I always go back to it. I know I'm obsessed and I know it's just a # but I can't stop!!!!

Been there, done that!!! I was so the same but what I've done this time around is I only keep one scale in the house and keep it hidden away. Put it in a closet or something so it's out of sight for most of the week. Then pick one day and one time per week to weigh in. I weigh myself Friday morning because it's the furthest away from the weekend, when I am more likely to not eat as healthy as I should. I also have my bf to remind me if I start to bring out the scale when it's not my weigh in time which is helpful. If you don't have someone to do this take the batteries out of your scale and put them in a different spot than where you keep your scale, like a whole other room, that way you'll be less tempted to just step on it, just to see ;)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That's me, and I know exactly how you feel! I weigh myself first thing EVERY morning, and if the numbers aren't right you talkin about one ticked off lady. lol I couldn't tell you how many times I have had my daughter to take the scale upstairs, to turn right around and bring it right back down. lol I have thrown scales in the trash, then turn right around and go buy another one. So I can't support you in that area, because I can't stop getting on the scale myself. Sorry!!!!!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. Every morning after I use the bathroom. =/ Then I will come back and do it again 5 minutes later.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every morning but i only count the one on fridays. I dont do it all day long but only in the morning and its frustrating how it just changes everyday. I dont think you have a healthy relationship with the scale, your just setting yourself up for disappointment and you cant really move on that way. Just a thought. Good luck!
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I thought it was only me. I was getting so bad that every I would get on a few times a day. So today I decided to hide the scale for a week. Can't promise it will work since I put it up but I hope I can break my habbit.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I too have a scale addiction! I weigh myself 3 - 4 times every day. First thing in the morning, when I get home from work, and before I go to bed. I just can't break the habit!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's so much more fulfilling and less frustrating to only check in once/week, imo. Then you can see real results instead of daily fluctuations! But, it's hard to do :)
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It's so much more fulfilling and less frustrating to only check in once/week, imo. Then you can see real results instead of daily fluctuations! But, it's hard to do :)

Agree! It is very hard to do though for sure.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's all fun and games until you're sitting in a padded room wearing a straitjacket.
  • hails62
    hails62 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bad Habit!! :) your weight goes up and down throughtout day so try not to weigh yourself, and then if your exercising and gaining muscle your weight won't look like its going down at all as muscle weighs more than fat! best thing you should focus on instead of scales is inches, try focus more on your measurements once a week or even once every 2 weeks. I get weighed every 3 weeks at my gym and always slightly disappointed after all my hard work....then she measures me and inch or two off here or there and means so much more!
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    I threw my out in the trash! I had the same problem, I was OBSESSED with the stupid thing. I got so angry with myself one day that I pitched it.

Now that was about a month ago. I have been making great progress since then. I keep track with clothes and a tape measure to see some results.

I thought, 'I bet I lost quite a bit of weight, I need to know how much I weight!" I bought one on Saturday morning.

Got home and pulled it out. Got on.

No movement of the number......let the depression begin!!

Saturday afternoon, husband returned scale to the store.

Throw the stupid thing out! It's not worth it! :D
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Me too. I keep it in my bedroom so I can weigh myself first thing every day.Several times a day. I can't believe my weight fluctuates about 5 pounds a day sometimes. I weigh myself every Tuesday morning after I pee for my weigh in. I try to remember that Tuesday morning is the only number on that scale that I should be concerned with. I try to forget about the up and down all week long.
  • sarahhoward24
    sarahhoward24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week , on a friday morning, i take out battery for the rest of the week as i was quite obsessive to
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It's all fun and games until you're sitting in a padded room wearing a straitjacket.

Nice legs.
  • kurtybee
    kurtybee Posts: 17
    Options
    Yikes! My Girlfriend was doing the same thing too. She got really frustrated because she wasn't seeing any results. So I had to take it away from her and only let her use it once a week. Personally I don't see the harm in this as long as you understand that sometimes you are going to show over.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You are not alone on this, I am pretty sure at some point we have all been guilty of this. I also weighed myself to often and found myself getting discouraged, I am back on MFP for the second time and plan on weighing in once a week along with taking my measurements. I literally had to put the scale up out of my reach in order to break the habit, not going to say it was easy but it can be done. :wink: