Howdy from Texas

Options
Good afternoon. After seeing a very unflattering picture of myself a few weeks ago, it was a snap to reality. Something needed to change. So I decided to finally use my gym at work I've been paying for and change my eating habits. It's been 6 days and I feel struggles. I weighed in last Tuesday at 234 and this morning weighed in at 228. I'm about 5'9, 31 years old and needing as much guidance and support as I can get. The hard part is my job. My work days are about 15 hours long so I pack for lunch and dinner and all the snacks and water ill need. Sometimes it doesn't feel like enough. My 3 days off, I feel like there's never enough food in the house. I know this is a lifestyle change and hoping this finally sticks.

Replies

• Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    good luck from a fellow texan :)
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow Texan! This place is awesome and will help you as much as you want it to. The people are really fun and supportive! I am sure that if you want it bad enough you can move mountains! Good Luck!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    howdy! i'm also a texan and i work a lot! feel free to add me for support!
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey!! I will be honest, the first few weeks, at least to me were the most difficult!! But you can get through it!! Drink lots of water, I have found that to help suppress the hunger!! I have been on MFP for 155 days and have lost 44 pounds!! I have a goal to lose at least 100 pounds and in almost 6 months I am almost halfway there!! You can do it!! If you need some extra support, feel free to add me!! I would be happy to give the support that has helped me!!
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    hey there :) fellow texan here.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hello from Texas as well -- and welcome!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP from your neighbor to the north - Oklahoma. YOU CAN DO THIS and we're all here to help.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! A dislocated Texan here.
  • pandabuhr79
    Options
    welcome! i'm new here too, feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • lraepa
    lraepa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Texas. Montana here. Just set your goals and don't be un real 5 lbs at a time some times it is 1 and sometimes it is a gain. Log your food after each time you eat. and remember you can decrease the Cal by exercise. Just be honest with yourself. and the first step is the most difficult.
    good luck
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Welcome!! I am also in Texas!