Hungry?

Options
Ok, Can someone tell what to do about my being hungry all the time? Less then an hour after I eat I am hungry. and I stay hungry all the time. Do I need to bump up my calorie intake from 1200? Do I need to change what I am eating? If so please tell me what I need to be eating that is more filling. Breakfast, lunch and dinner..... Any help in this would be greatly appriciated. I also eat a snack a couple of times a day.

Replies

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    make ur diary open to the public so we can help u out. Maybe ur not getting enough protein.
  • MOMSHOME
    MOMSHOME Posts: 72
    Options
    It is set to public. Can you get into it now. I went in and made sure and saved it.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    You have alot of "quick added" calories so it's hard to know what you're actually eating. Make sure you're close to getting the right macro nutrients (carbs, protein and fat). Ideally, all your meals should contain protein and carbs. Make sure you're eating enough fruit and veggies as well. The veggies will fill you up quickly and the protein will keep you full for a longer period of time.

Edit to add: Also try to eat more whole grains. Cut out white bread and white rice and replace it with whole wheat bread and brown rice. Whole grains have more fiber and will help keep you full.
  • MOMSHOME
    Options
    Those quick adds are for salads. What I eat in mine are not what is in the ones on here so I just add the calories. That does unclude the lite dressing I am putting on them. I usually mark 75 calories for a salad. I get frustrated trying to find what I ate and get the right calories that I know I eat and just put the calories in.
  • bcolburn289
    Options
    I know I can't have cereal/milk for breakfast, or else I'm STARVING an hour later, like you said, and that sets the tone for the whole day for me. But if I have eggs/toast (2 eggs fried with Pam spray, and 2 slices of 45 calorie bread), and sometimes I even add a slice of low fat cheddar cheese to that....I'm WAY full until lunch.

For lunch, I couldn't have just a salad--I need to have some sort of whole grain in there to keep me full.

It takes some trial and error to figure it all out--every body is different.
  • MOMSHOME
    Options
    I have not eaten white bread since I do not know when. Eat more brown rice then white unless I am out of brown but usually keep it stocked.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting a good amout of protein and fiber in every meal; those digest slowly, so they keep you full longer.
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was also hungy almost all the time .. I did 2 things about it...

1st i increased significantly the amount of fiber and proteins.

2nd I decided to eat at least my BMR everyday; for convenience i did put my goal the same as my BMR ... But if i want a net calories lower it forces me to exercise everyday... I did the calculation and in my case if i set my net/day to my BMR it should make me loose 1.3lbs per week... And it seems to work...

I think you gotta listen to your body and do change something if you feel constantly hungry... Maybe you will start to loose more if you do increase a bit too, i'm sure its worthing a try ! :)