Extra things that motivate you that don't necessarily have to do with weight loss

Options
Saving money!

I know when I'm eating right and therefore less, I save a ton of money on food. What things inspire your weight loss journey that don't necessarily have to do with weight loss?

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    More energy, moving feels easier, more self-confident.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Working out always lifts my mood. How I feel afterward is always worth my time at the gym.

And feeling stronger. And having muscle definition are my second and third motivators!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it has to do with weight loss, but it isn't strictly weight loss:

Normal blood pressure and cholesterol/triglycerides, which totally stopped my doctor suggesting I might need to take statins.

Also, the competition in women's 60-69 lightweight rowing is a tiny bit less tough than in women's 60-69 openweight rowing, which makes my same ol' pace look better. ;)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296’s blue bikini.

Cheers, h.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Cycling up hills.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    1- My kids. The 3 year old is FAST and imitates everything I do. I need to be healthy to be around for her as long as possible. It's bad enough that my age may make people think I'm her grandmother. The 15 year old? I'm not gonna lie, I hate when she steals my clothes, but I LOVE that we can wear the same size on a lot of things.
    2- My health. It's a lot more fun not to be tired and winded all the time. I like being the active, fun one that goes to Six Flags every weekend and walks around for hours and rides every ride.
    3- There are times when I can actually look at myself in a mirror and think "damn, gurl, you look GOOD."