Rewards for hitting your goals

Options
I am half way to my final weight loss goal, and just passed my first goal recently after just under a year of bettering myself.

I was wondering, does anyone reward themselves when they hit a weight loss goal? Do you set small goals or large goals? What type of rewards do you give yourself?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    The reward of looking and feeling better.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    Options
    I set a reward for every mini goal I set! Right now, I'm working on losing 15-20lbs by May (I'm going on a vacation in May). Not only to feel better about myself in a bathing suit, but I'm going to reward myself with a pair of expensive jeans :) I have not bought a pair of nice jeans in YEARS due to being pregnant twice and my weight not being consistent because of it. So it will be a real treat to have a nice pair of jeans again, even if I do plan on losing more weight.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,476 Member
    Options
    New clothes that fit properly. Or anything else that you think improves your appearance. Or anything that helps drive home the notion that things have changed.
    Don’t put everything off to goal weight. Take stock of where you are now, things have changed. Act accordingly.

I went from dressing like an unmade bed to the office fashion plate. I stared when I lost the first 25lbs. Eventually met Harry the tailor who taught me how to dress. Funny, but when I reached my goal, down 100+lbs, I started buying my clothes at Marshall’s. I thought I looked good in anything.

The money- worth every cent I spent. Even knowing that the clothes I was buying were going to be too big, it was worth it. Taking pride in my appearance was all new to me. It was a game changer. Try consignment shops if it’s an issue, but spend to get a good fit.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I set small goals at first and would reward myself with a fitness or health related item every 10 lb (I had a lot to lose)...jump rope, tennis racquet, workout pants, etc. After awhile that kind of fizzled out though because I had what I wanted/needed for fitness. I had been (way) over 200 lb for my entire adult life so when I got close to 199, I bought myself all new "nicer" makeup and a special organizer to keep it in, and I didn't start using it until I hit 190s. It was a nice memorable reward for myself and I am glad to report I have stayed (way) under 200 since that day (almost exactly 5 years ago)!
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Spa Treatment (best)
    Clothes
    Shoes
    Or a fun experience!
  • BethWilliams24
    BethWilliams24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A new book/audio book
    Booking a horse riding lesson
    New underwear (I know that sounds silly, but it works for me!)
  • kayjeh93
    kayjeh93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did end up getting myself a nice pair of new jeans, in a size I haven't worn in probably 7 years or so. It was a great feeling trying them on :smile: and at a thrift store no less. and the original tags were still on them!!
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am finished with my strict diet (lost 32 lbs), and moving on to fitness goals not just weight loss.

So I rewarded myself with a garmin watch.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Lingerie! :D

Pics or it didnt happen
  • ParadigmShift82
    ParadigmShift82 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I download Tinder and Bumble
  • 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Haven't met them yet but I'm setting 40/50/50 as my weight loss goals. For me, breaking it up is best so I'm not so overwhelmed & I do have specific rewards in mind, they're activity based. Things I couldn't previously accomplish due to size or stamina. Let's get it! 😊