What do you all do on an all inclusive holiday

Like what do you eat and how do you stay on track ?

Replies

• Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    I wouldn't know what vacation was like soooo...

I would do what I do when I go out. I try to make the best decisions I can. Sometimes I choose to indulge a bit more than others. I would say if you are always eating out pick meals you choose the healthiest best choices and be mindful of portions. Then pick one meal out that you just enjoy. Maybe you'll gain or maintain your weight but hey you're on vacation! I say enjoy I at least you're lucky enough to be able to do it! And when you get back jump right back into your normal routine!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Set your calories to maintenance and eat what you want in moderation. You may not know calorie counts for all the food, so make your best guess. Try to stay active if you can. Even if you gain a little, you can lose it when you get home and get back on track, so don't worry about it.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Enjoy it. Eat what you want but don’t make it about food - I went to Mexico and stayed at an all inclusive. It was awesome. Yes, I ate tons of stuff (I would have to be more restrictive now but that’s due to diagnoses allergies). But I was also going hiking and snorkeling and seeing the sites. Have a fun trip. Enjoy the food. Live.

Routine and habit will be waiting for you when you return! 😁
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Last time I went to an all inclusive resort, I ate my weight in fresh fruit every day. Bacon and fruit for breakfast. tacos and fruit for lunch. Fresh fish and fruit for dinner. Midnight snack of local desserts. I really like fruit.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    I like to try new foods if i am in a different country or culture. But I don’t eat over my calories...For me all inclusive doesn’t mean buffet gorge myself- it means I can sample some new foods I may not have tried- but I stay as close to my calorie goals as possible. I also live in a food centric city- so I have access to awesome food all the time. It’s like a 24/7 resort. ☺️ vacation doesn’t change much.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited January 2019
    Years ago I ate whatever on an all inclusive. I dont like all inclusives now because I like to go out and leave the resort. Stay active, enjoy yourself, and either just dont worry about it and get back on track when your trip is over or eat at maintenance. Usually, I will eat dessert or have alcohol but not both in one day if I am trying to be good.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,701 MFP Moderator
    I try not to drink all my calories. ;) The free drinks are everywhere and even if they are watered down, it can still add up fast. If the resort has it, I go for at least one or two meals in the smaller restaurant as opposed to the giant buffet. It's easier for me to make better choices when the options are fewer, and I can ask the chef to make healthier substitutions. Above all, have a great time!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I don't go on all inclusive holidays. I book a nice, simple accommodation somewhere, am out and about for about 2/3 of the time hiking, visiting old towns or archaeological sites, stay in 1/3 and have a lazy day. I might eat out a la carte and chose food that fits my activity and hunger or stay in and warm up tin of stew with bread or whatever is available locally. I don't gain weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2019

Eat a big breakfast, so there's no need for lunch, drink what i like and do a load of walking. eat whatever i fancy for my evening meal

Lats time i went all inclusive i gained 5lb in a week. it soon came off again.

i figure i'm on holiday to enjoy myself. i also don't log as i enjoy the mental break
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    on any holiday what I do is also take a break from logging.

since you have no way of even being roughly accurate.

and just try to make sensible choices and do active type activities.

• carolinamccabe7245
    carolinamccabe7245 Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks eveyone
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member

I eat everything and worry about it when I get back.