Why can I only lose a pound of weight a week when I starve myself?

Options
Im a 28 years old female and 113 pounds and 4 foot 11 inches tall.

I do 1 hour and a half of bike a day, hiit 4x a week for 20 minutes and I do weights 4x a week.

On scoobys tdee calculater it says I burn 2200 calories a day or 2400 on the hardest setting of exercise.

Anyway I want to lose 12 pounds and unless I starve myself eating 1000 calories 5 days a week, I cant lose a pound. Is it because I'm at a normal weight? I've slowly thought if I burned 3500 calories I'd lose a pound and so on.

Thanks for advice :)

Replies

• Shinebright2019
    Shinebright2019 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For a few months now, on weekends I do eat quite alot though. I just want to switch my diet to eating 1500 calories a day and maybe have a day a week off diet.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    If you're eating less than you're burning, then you should lose weight, regardless of whether or not you are at a healthy weight already. How are you measuring your calories in? How are you measuring your calories burned through exercise? Are you really doing 7-21 hours per week of strenuous cardio (which is Scooby's highest workout level)?
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    You’re already in an optimal BMI range for your height. If you’re unhappy with how your body looks, I would recommend recomp to build muscle and reduce fat, rather than focusing on weight loss.

I second this. I am 5'4", and have been stuck at 133-135 lbs for the past 2 months. I came to the realization this January that I just don't have more to lose, and I'm right in the middle of the healthy range of BMI for my stats. The only further change I could make to my diet is to eliminate dessert, and at this point in my life that is not something I'm willing to sustain long term =P

In January I changed my workout routine from cardio-heavy (to get myself moving at all) to strength training (to tone up what i have). I find the following link is a good reminder why the scale should not be the end-all of my self-esteem or goals:

https://www.boredpanda.com/same-weight-fitness-incredible-transformations/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    With just about anyone, once you get within about 10lbs of an ideal low weight, it's more challenging to lose. Be patient.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png