Losing weight too fast?

Options
ethalew01
ethalew01 Posts: 13 Member
I’m following my calorie intake very carefully and I have a serious workout plan. I’ve been going on 22 days straight now and lost almost 21 pounds. I was only 208 lbs when I started. So I wasn’t terribly overweight or anything. I was just wondering if it is safe to lose that much weight in such a short time..?

Replies

• ethalew01
    Options
    I’m not eating back my exercise calories. After dinner is when I do my workouts and I stop eating all together after that. I’m worried about losing muscle mass
  • ethalew01
    Options
    Thanks for the information!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,458 Member
    Options
    I also work out after dinner, and it has this effect of stopping any hunger alltogether on me. Doesn't matter whether I lift weights, do bodyweight intervals, go running or swimming. I usually eat a bit more than my calorie allowance during daytime, which also is my motivation to work out after dinner. And if I don't work out.. oh well.. the world won't end from that. *shrugs*
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    ethalew01 wrote: »
    I’m not eating back my exercise calories. After dinner is when I do my workouts and I stop eating all together after that. I’m worried about losing muscle mass

Muscle loss is a very legitimate concern. I would seriously suggest eating back a portion of your exercise calories (I ate back 40- 50% initially and went to almost 75% as I got close to goal. Also, make sure that you are getting enough protein in your diet as it is crucial to building muscle.