Why can I only lose a pound of weight a week when I starve myself?

Options

Replies

• suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Edit....I deleted my post because it no longer made sense.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I weigh my food when I stick to the 1000 calories during the week, but at the weekend I'm just starving and I eat quite alot, that's why i try and do alot of exercise, because I know with my size I dont burn alot calories.

My wedding is in about 16 weeks and well I wanted lose as much as possible for that really.

You're landed yourself in a restrict-binge-restrict cycle. You need to up your calories to a REASONABLE level, all of the time. That will help your weekends come more in line. And then you do need to weigh and track ALL THE TIME. Not just some. Your binges are wiping out your deficit.

At your height and weight, the safest reasonable weight loss goal is half a pound a week. But that means a *reasonable* deficit, and not this binge and restrict stuff that you're doing. Will your wedding be any less meaningful if you lose eight pounds instead of 12?
  • Shinebright2019
    Shinebright2019 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a 8 pound loss will be enough for me on my wedding day and maybe I'm just being a bit picky with everything.

Thanks for all your advice 👍
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Alarm mode?