Starting Again

Options
Hi I have been here a while but have seriously fallen off the wagon big time and having to start from scratch.

I seriously need motivation and encouragement I wanted to lose 10 pounds for my sisters wedding on the 2nd of September but no hope. I have set myself a goal to lose a stone by the 22nd October for what will be my wedding anniversary (if my husband and I can work our separation)

We have been seperated since April and I have had a touch time getting over a full hysterectomy which wasnt planned at the same time as the seperation.

Last year I managed to get down from 14 stone to 11 stone 10lb. I have now put it all back on again and feel terrible. Today I started my exercise routine and my healthy eating. I plan to do a 10k for charity in March next year and I am determined to get fit and feel good about myself again.

Here goes everything and to getting thin again.

Tammie

Replies

• rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're in the right place. Get friends to support you along the way!:flowerforyou:
  • danosaur88
    Options
    trust me, i think everyone has been at the bottom before so don't feel alone. you're in the right place! the only place to go from here is up :) (except for your weight--that one is going down). you can do it! we're all cheering you on!
  • shadykins
    Options
    Hi
    We arent supposed to advertise other diets or anything on here but one day I googled how to lose weight fast, easy, inexpensive and healthy and what came up was the Harcombe Diet. You can do Phase 1 for 5 days and if you stick to it can lose quite a bit. Its definitely a lifestyle change that I could not stick to but if you just do Phase 1 for the 5 days you may be able to lose most of the weight you want to lose for the wedding. I did the first 5 days and was still part of MFP and logged whatever I ate into my food on here and usually was under on the calories and over on the protein. The diet is all about eating foods that are NOT processed. Lots of veggies and meat, yogurt, eggs, etc. Check it out if you like but stay motivated and stick to MFP because its the BEST!!!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I started my journey back when I lost my job at the end of February...started on here about the beginning of April though. I've lost over 40 lbs but none of that has been in the last month. It's very frustrating! I'm pushing through that though and getting back at it! Add me and we can help each other out! Good luck!
  • RenaeEthridge
    RenaeEthridge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like...I've done the same...fell off back and lost 5 lbs my first week!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome from Oxfordshire
    I too had a hysterectomy at 36 (keyhole) & have never looked back, I'm now 43.
    This is a brilliant site & I now can c the light at the end of my tunnel which to be honest i had nearly given up then I found MFP - added some amazing friends & I am now sooooo close
    So, on that note get yourself some friends & start your journey with a smile knowing you can do this
    Feel free to add & i wishu all the luck in the world
    :flowerforyou:
  • tammierich
    Options
    Thanks guys. It is wonderful to see what support you can get on here. I didnt really bother with the forums or friends last time as I felt so low. This time I am determined to do this again. I did it last time and can do it again. Shadykins, thanks for the advice I will have a look for a bit of a boost.

It is great to see how much some of you have lost and that is real motivation