Healthy Meal Sauces

Options
I have been looking for a place online or local (walmart), where I can purchase healthy "meal sauces packets" that are simple and easy to add to a meal. For example, I often through grilled chicken or steak into a small bowl of rice and steam veggies. Id love to have a low-calorie sauce packet to add it.

Specific requests:
- I'd prefer to just be able to buy them vs. making them (simply and easy).
- I am also looking for a variety of different sauces that may go with different meals (steak, chicken, shrimp, asian, southwest, etc...)
- I want them to be ready to go and not require any other preparations.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• hopebewild
    hopebewild Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Street kitchen sold at walmart. Sauces can be a little calorie dense so I usually just add half. The tiki masala (prolly not spelling that right) is my fave.
  • wanderingptp
    wanderingptp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We are on the keto eating program. I found the nutritional values of alfredo sauce to be very friendly. If it's too thick for what you want you might try thinning it out with skim milk or broth. Also, Costco has numerous spreads that are also very good and not too loaded with junk. Try different spices to vary your selections. I understand completely your desire to buy something rather than make it but if it's something you can make and freeze in smallish portions that makes the preparation time worthwhile. I am retired so I have the time to research and experiment but having worked for 50 years I understand your time constraints.