Easy to go and pack snacks or meals

Options
Can y'all give me ideas? Things that don't need to be refrigerated and don't take up too much space. I'm a commuter college student.

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    what about the 100 calorie snack packs- such as the popcorn, the nuts, the cookie or chip packs(now and then) the pudding and jello pcks, also cup a soup containers(may be too much salt),
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Trail mix, nuts, dried fruits, hard granola bars (soft ones squish), pita slices, pretzels, apples, oranges / manadarins / tangerines, crackers, popped popcorn...

If you have a semi-protected place to carry them pears, bananas, soft granola bars, sandwiches, wraps.

Carrot sticks, celery, and cheese cubes do fine not being chilled throughout the day as long as they’re initially stored in a refrigerator.

Glad makes great tiny containers w/ twist-lock lids you could use to pack nut butters, dips, condiments, or sauces.

An insulated lunch box w/ an ice pack would open up the possibility of yogurt. A thermos would allow soups, stews, and oatmeal.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I love fibre one bars. Only 90 calories.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    My go to snack has become Dannon Light 'n Fit Greek yogurt, vanilla whey protein powder, and chopped walnuts. It is fairly portable.

But, what I love about it is that it is offers good protein and good fat content. AND it is very adjustable depending the the number of calories I have to work with by altering the number of tablespoons of protein and walnuts that I add. If I am at home and have extra calories, I also add fresh strawberries ... it is a real treat and it almost feels like eating a sundae (it also makes a low snack meal if I use 3 TBS protein powder and 3 TBS chopped almonds with the strawberries)