Low Fodmaps

Options
I recently started following low fodmap diet to help with tummy issues, it is challenging to only use low Fodmap foods and look for gluten free and lactose free food. It’s very time consuming and a lot of googling but I am enjoying learning a lot of new things about this way of eating. I already feel so much better and it’s only been a week. One of the biggest challenges I find is that I’m also trying to lose weight too and some of the best foods for me have a lot of calories like oils for example. I don’t want to stress about my food entries in this app but it is challenging.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Protein: Beef, chicken, eggs, fish, lamb, pork, shrimp, tofu
    Whole grains: rice, buckwheat,
    Fruit: Bananas, blueberries, kiwi, limes, mandarins, oranges, papaya, pineapple, rhubarb, strawberries
    Vegetables: Bean sprouts, bell peppers, carrots, eggplant, kale, tomatoes, spinach, zucchini
    Nuts: Almonds, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pine nuts, walnuts
    Seeds: flaxseed, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower
    Oils: Coconut oil, olive oil
  • smurf58
    smurf58 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I recently started following low fodmap diet to help with tummy issues, it is challenging to only use low Fodmap foods and look for gluten free and lactose free food. It’s very time consuming and a lot of googling but I am enjoying learning a lot of new things about this way of eating. I already feel so much better and it’s only been a week. One of the biggest challenges I find is that I’m also trying to lose weight too and some of the best foods for me have a lot of calories like oils for example. I don’t want to stress about my food entries in this app but it is challenging.

HI I have just started doing the same googling like mad :) low fodmap gluten lactose free and trying for low fat too it is a challenge

This was tonights tea delicious and satisfying

https://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/recipes/2013/october/chicken-chop-suey
  • smurf58
    smurf58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    would love to see people share recipes that they have tried
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    When I did fodmap, a few years ago, it wasn't gluten free? It excluded certain grains such as wheat. Has it changed, or are you avoiding gluten for other reasons?
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You are correct that gluten isn't the issue (it's a protein) for a low FODMAP diet. It's the sugars in wheat that can be problematic. It's also true that a lot of gluten-free products are not low FODMAP, so it's really important to pay attention to all ingredients.