Keto diet

Options
Hello everyone I just started my keto diet two days ago and I’m not sure how to maneuver through this journey. Need to understand macro more as well. I’m open to any advice

Replies

• Kirstyl5044
    Kirstyl5044 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam I started Monday, if there's any advice you'd like just ask, I'm not a pro but my brother is and he literally had me Sat for an hour yesterday explaining it all to me so I'll try my best to help
  • Kirstyl5044
    Kirstyl5044 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also have you done a keto calculator, it tells you exactly how much carbs fat n protein your aloud plus calories
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I’d love to hear this information also.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest joining the Keto group here on MFP. They can likely best assist you. This topic has a tendency to get off track. o:)
  • wandering44
    wandering44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The parameters (goals) for the keto diet are as follows (as per Dr. Annette Bosworth): 20 grams of carbs per day (not net but gross), 133 grams of fat per day. The protein allowance is determined by dividing your desired weight by 2.2, i.e. if your desired weight is 150 the protein allowance per day is 68. It is really easy to track using MFP. I input the meals for the day before eating to make sure I am within those parameters. If I am not, I either add or delete foods from the menu. Hope this helps. Many recipes for keto on the internet do not have the same nutritional values as what I get after putting the ingredients into MFP. I put the recipe on the MFP website but use the values for the items I have in "My Food". Good luck. The program is not as difficult as you might think. Keep it as simple as possible and within the goals numbers. (Dr. Bos has a book out and numerous YouTube videos. The videos are free and useful.)
  • nandyt001
    nandyt001 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am excited to begin my keto journey. Been doing a lot of reading and research to make sure I get things right. Looking forward to sharing with you all. Please share any tips/tricks if any. I have 20 stubborn pounds to loose, and am so ready to do this!