Forks over Knives whole food plant based diet

Options
Anyone doing Forks Over Knives?

Replies

• BohoVegGirl
    BohoVegGirl Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm doing something similar, kathy65carnine. I'm not doing anything by name, but I'm concentrating on whole foods (made from plants), no added oil, very little added sodium, and low fat. Please feel free to add me.

Noel_57: I've been vegan since 2012, but just recently started this way of eating. The diet proposed in Forks Over Knives is far more than simply a vegan diet. Vegans can live off potato chips, if we want to. This is a far more detailed and restrictive dietary lifestyle.
  • Jacsprat2014
    Jacsprat2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am and also the China study. I love it. It makes total sense to me and is backed up by so much evidence. There are a few good FB groups on it too.
    It is working and I'm losing weight and feeling much better. I would like to chat about it and share my diary food plan for comment
  • rozzee
    rozzee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for years. I watched forks over knives and was very motivated to become vegan. I try but I'm not 100 percent there. its the darn cheese. I love cheese :(
    I never heard of the china study. what is that?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I am and also the China study. I love it. It makes total sense to me and is backed up by so much evidence. There are a few good FB groups on it too.
    It is working and I'm losing weight and feeling much better. I would like to chat about it and share my diary food plan for comment
    While veganism is fine, the China study ISN'T backed by "peer reviewed evidence" and has been debunked and refuted by other vegans. Only saying this because that study shouldn't be the reason people convert over to veganism if that's what they choose to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• lempeck214
    lempeck214 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing Forks Over Knives?

I start forks over knives plan the beginning of the year and very happy with the results. I only wish I had watched the documentary when it first came out. I would have changed to a vegan lifestyle back then. As they say, better late than never.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    While veganism is fine, the China study ISN'T backed by "peer reviewed evidence" and has been debunked and refuted by other vegans. Only saying this because that study shouldn't be the reason people convert over to veganism if that's what they choose to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

And Forks over Knives isn't a science backed documentary...it's a fear mongering propaganda piece.