Ladies 5'4'....help me get out of the 150s!

Options
2»

Replies

• tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm at 150 and 5'4. I had to play around a bit to get my calories to a place that worked for me. I do Insanity workout 6 days a week and 2-3 times a week i go for a bike ride towing 50lbs of kids lol. Been working for me. Feel free to friend me and we can motivate out of the 150!!
  • Jackie9677
    Jackie9677 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! I'm 5'2" and I gained weight for 2 months (getting up to 160), now it's finally coming off. I'm down to 157.5 and I hope the trend continues.

Don't give up!
  • jlg05001
    jlg05001 Posts: 21
    Options
    bump
  • brookiebaby2003
    brookiebaby2003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    thanks for all the tips!
    I do the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, but I wear a Polar HRM so I dont think I am over estimating on the calories burned.....

I will keep plugging away and see what happens......
  • greatdaneaddict
    greatdaneaddict Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Update! I am officially in the 140's! Last Monday I was 151.2 and kind of stuck between 152-150 for a couple weeks. So I went from 1200 calories to 1500 calories all of last week (although I was kind of naughty over the weekend, but still made it a point to be active.) I am now 148.4! Will update again after this week to see if the calorie bump is still helping.

Good luck ladies!
  • jade_85
    jade_85 Posts: 96
    Options
    mee too im slowly working my way down the 150's im 5 foot 4. i want to be 135. but 140 is my 1st goal. im sticking to 1200 and excersising. eating more calories does not work for me so im sticking to the 1200 and to b honest im not really hungary , ill find out if its working tomrro as its weigh in day. we can do this ladies :D xx
  • jade_85
    Options
    Update! I am officially in the 140's! Last Monday I was 151.2 and kind of stuck between 152-150 for a couple weeks. So I went from 1200 calories to 1500 calories all of last week (although I was kind of naughty over the weekend, but still made it a point to be active.) I am now 148.4! Will update again after this week to see if the calorie bump is still helping.

Good luck ladies!

well done u :) x
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have been in the low 150's for 5 years and can't seem to budge either. This new website is helping.
  • LovesNoodles
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is 5'4 (well I'm 5 ft 3 and 1/2) and stuck in the 150s!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    I don't weigh myself often. I know a lot of people don't agree with me on this but I get depressed if the scale doesn't reflect my efforts. The numbers aren't everything. If your clothes are fitting better, you are doing something right! Plus, when you exercise you build muscle and that weighs more than fat inch for inch.
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm 5'3 1/2.......I have been teetering on and out of the 50's for months. Unfortunately, I haven't seen that 59 since June. I hope to see it this week!
  • jade_85
    Options
    152.2 this morning..my challenge for next weeks weigh in is to be 150 then hopefullly weekl after i will be free of the 150s lol hows everyone doing :) x
  • sazzyR
    sazzyR Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 5'4" too and have been fluctuating in the 150s for a year! I can't seem to break the 140s. Am on a mission at the moment. I reckon I'm eating back too many of my calories from my workout and then have got no reserve when I have a glass of wine or two on the weekend or if I lose the plot at any other time during the week... So.. the first 200 cals of my workouts are now my slip up reserve and I can eat anything above that. Starting TODAY - gym session already done.
  • WinnieX
    WinnieX Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm 5.3 and a half- the only way I broke through the 150's without putting anything back on was healthy eating and exercise. Also I stopped having 'celebration meals' as whenever I strayed off my healthy eating plan I would put numerous pounds on that would take me weeks to get off and I just figured it's not worth splurging until the ends in sight and when I know I can control myself.

After awhile I finally blasted through the 140's to and I'm currently trying to get out of the 130's.

Good luck... It's a hard task but so worth it!!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" (and 3/4ths!) and I've been stuck at 149/150 for...ever?? feels like forever!

I seriously fell off the bandwagon after vacation this summer and have yet to back on track. I'm maintaining just fine (but that's not what I want to do!!!!)

What has seemed to stimulate my weight loss before has been to do an intense week or so, then a less intense one, and repeat. What I mean is, for 1 week I was working out every day, eating well, and always sore (in a good way), then the next week I would only work out a couple times.

I guess my only theory behind that is that whenever I dedicate to something, I only have so much enthusiasm... it can't last forever. I'm not the kind of person who can work out every day for the rest of their life... BUT I get "intense" about things and can stick with it fora while... until my attention span runs out.

So I say dive in head first and do a week where you are a FITNESS GODDESS... and then when your exercise ADD kicks in, at least you know you did awesome last week.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So I finally did it. I can say that now my next goal is to be in the 130's by November..especially since my son is getting married 11/11/11. I can and will do this.

oh by the way..MY SON THE MARINE IS SAFELY BACK IN THE UNITED STATES AND I WANT TO SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS. OORAH AND GOD BLESS