Hooray!

Options
I have been loosing weight at a painstakingly slow pace. I'm only 5' and started out at 130 lbs, and after 4 months of using mfp I am currently 126 lbs. The numbers hardly seem to change on the scale which was starting to discourage me. This weekend I went to visit some family that I haven't seen since before I started using mfp and everyone was making comments about how different I looked and how they noticed the change! It made me feel so good that people have noticed! I forget how 4lbs can make a difference on my short frame!

So hooray!!! :)

Replies

• maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    good for you! I was going to say 1lb is a lot when you are short. keep up the good work...
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Double hooray for you and a high five! I'm certain it feels great.
  • Jcdaniels
    Options
    Sometimes it takes someone else's eyes to see the difference.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Super NSV and SV at the same time! <3 Love it! You must feel great!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!!!

So happy for you! And I agree with Jcdaniels. We can't often see the changes...others notice right away!
  • 4vhughes
    4vhughes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that works out ALL the time and she's pretty good about her diet. The scale hasn't moved more than 1 lb in over 6 months, but if you look at her before and after pics the changes are amazing!

Keep it up!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Have you been taking your measurements? That may be a better indicator of your success. I am also 5' 0" and definitely see more progress in inches than pounds!
  • lynchiebaby
    Options
    well done you, and its always great when someone else can see a difference as you don't always feel it in yourself.

Im only 5.1 but i weigh 150 so i have a long way to go yet, but i started out at 159 and like you didn't see much difference until other people started saying it to me.

so keep up the good work:wink:
  • marissa0717
    marissa0717 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! It is so true that sometimes we need someone else's eyes to notice the difference! So nice to hear other "shorties" have the same experience too!

Dewgirl - I haven't been tracking my measurements but I think I may start doing that now.

Lynchiebaby - Congrats on your progress so far! It's nice to hear it from people, especially when they don't know that you have been trying to lose!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!