when you have tried averything and not sure what else

Options
I am with you I am 27 and I have tried everything and I have been loging for 3 years and a constant everyday crossfit goer but I keep gaining weight none of my cloths fit and I feel mentally disturb by my fat.. it occupys my every thought.. I want to give up it seems there is no option other then fat for me... I log around 1,100cals aday may some times go to 1500 but I gradullly gain.... some times fat gain weight

Replies

• TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you may need to speak to a professional (doctor/nurse/dietitian/nutritionist). If that is a current picture of you in your profile, you appear to be at a healthy weight. However, if you ARE actually gaining weight, then you’re simply eating more calories than you burn. Fat should not disturb you...everyone needs and has fat on them and there are many healthy fats to consume. Your weight
    shouldn’t occupy every thought. That’s a big sign of an eating disorder.

You say you’ve been logging, but have you been using a good food scale for solids and measuring cups for liquids? This is imperative.

Please do talk to your doctor or another professional about making an appointment. It will put yourself mind to rest.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I agree that you need professional help. I did notice you had WLS three years ago, as well as problems with binge eating. We all have issues with food, but food and body weight seem very serious emotional issues in your case. Please find help.
  • MezArcher
    MezArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thank you both for taking the time to reply, I have seeked profession help several times but none of them see that I have a life I would like to live..>> and say keep doing what you doing it will work oneday .. but unfortunately it hard to live while strictly logging and its not even working any more
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    MezArcher wrote: »
    thank you both for taking the time to reply, I have seeked profession help several times but none of them see that I have a life I would like to live..>> and say keep doing what you doing it will work oneday .. but unfortunately it hard to live while strictly logging and its not even working any more
    What's not working? How much more weight are you wanting to lose? Are you close to what is considered normal for your height? The last few pounds/kgs can be frustratingly slow to come off.
  • MezArcher
    Options
    I have heard that upping calories can help.. but I don't see that working as I am gaining on the calories I am currently eating

here's to wishing!! :smiley:
  • MezArcher
    Options
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    What's not working? How much more weight are you wanting to lose? Are you close to what is considered normal for your height? The last few pounds/kgs can be frustratingly slow to come off.

THE WLS worked for me and I was down to 61 kd(not yet healthy BMI for my height) but over the last year... not changing anything except I certainly do get my calorie counts up to 1500 on a day I have to socialize. I have slowly gained 20Kg and gaining more that makes me 40%body fat and obese BMI
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    If you're weighing everything have you double-checked the entries you're using for accuracy? Off entries could make you think you're eating less than you are.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I have heard that upping calories can help.. but I don't see that working as I am gaining on the calories I am currently eating

here's to wishing!! :smiley:

No, sorry. Increasing how many calories you eat per day will not result in weight loss.

In your next post you say "but over the last year... not changing anything... I have slowly gained 20Kg". Surely something has changed. Barring a bizarre medical issue gaining weight is simply a result of eating too much.
  • MezArcher
    Options
    If you're weighing everything have you double-checked the entries you're using for accuracy? Off entries could make you think you're eating less than you are.

Well I guess I have now gone nitpicking through my foods to see if they are logging correct calories but if my day is completing at 950 calories say there is mistakes in there like maybe say add an extra 300 cals in that still takes me only to 1250 cals daily which is the recommendation for rapid weight loss
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Have you had blood work done in the last couple months? If you are actually weighing foods and logging correctly then maybe there is a medical problem.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    have you gained 40ish pounds? Have you tried low carb, I have had success with this.
  • MezArcher
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    have you gained 40ish pounds? Have you tried low carb, I have had success with this.

I have gained about 19 KG so yes the converts in to 41 Pounds... I have always been a low carb eater by definition
  • LovelySavannah
    LovelySavannah Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through that, it must be stressing you out so much! If I were you, I'd go and seek professional help to see what the problem is. It sounds like you're doing things right, so maybe there is an underlying problem?
    I hope you'll be able to find out and fix it :)
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I second getting some blood work done or some testing. Because the issue is either your logging or a medical issue.
  • MezArcher
    Options
    Have you had blood work done in the last couple months? If you are actually weighing foods and logging correctly then maybe there is a medical problem.

I have had my bloods taken as I have always complained to my doctor it wasn't fair that I gain weight soo easy, they came back all good and my hormone count is back to normal as my hormones where non-existent when I was 61 KG
  • MezArcher
    Options

I have had my bloods taken as I have always complained to my doctor it wasn't fair that I gain weight soo easy, they came back all good and my hormone count is back to normal as my hormones where non-existent when I was 61 KG

The onl;y thing they have found is a enlarge lymph node in my groin