Macros keep changing depending on the day on MFP

Options
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but I couldn't find any similar threads out there. I noticed that my macros, specifically my protein because that's the one I'm most concerned about, will change. One day it will be at 90g then the next day it will be at 105g. Sometimes it even changes so that in the morning it will be 90g and later the same day it will increase. I don't physically add any exercises besides having my fitbit synced....why does the change happen? And is there a way to make this more stable?

Thanks for any insight!

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    It's your fitbit adjustment - when you get additional calories from the sync between MFP & fitbit it changes your grams of protein to keep it at the same percentage of calories.

I don't know of any way to change that.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Your macros are set as a percentage of your calorie goal. So when your fitbit sync changes your calorie goal to account for exercise, your macros will change as well.

Or is this separate of any changes to your calorie goal?
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think it's separate. I thought it may be the fitbit, but sometimes MFP will register 0 calories from exercise and still will increase the protein macros. So I'd imagine if I didn't earn any extra calories that I wouldn't "earn" any extra protein. I haven't looked closely at carbs or fats, but if my protein goes up without gaining extra calories, then the other macros must be decreasing.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I only looked at this week in your diary, but it looks like the days you don't get extra calories your protein goal stays at 90 and then increases when you get additional calories.
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ok, I see it now. I went back and compared the numbers from work out days vs. rest days and that explains the fluctuations. :| Bit of a dense moment for a second.