5’3 ladies, what weight did you see abs at?

Options
I know it all depends on your body, but just curious how many of you started to see defined abs and at what weight?

6 years ago when I was 24, I had abs around 118-120. With going back to school and working I let my weight increase to 138-140 but I’ve managed over the year to steadily get it back down. My family is doing a biggest loser challenge so now I’m down to 130 lol. Now I’m turning 30 and I definitely feel the metabolism slowing! Slowly but surely. Ugh it’s hard trying to balance this.

Replies

• BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'd say that defined abs is as much about doing strength/resistance training to build the muscle as it is weight?
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    AoifeFitzy wrote: »
    I'd say that defined abs is as much about doing strength/resistance training to build the muscle as it is weight?

You can have the strongest, biggest Abs going but you'll not see them under a layer of fat. Look at strongman competitors or power lifters. Super strong cores but you don't tend to see thier Abs as typically they're not lean enough.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    The abs will show when your body weight reduces more - I'm 5ft 2 (and 1/4" :smile: ) and I'm afraid that at 124lbs mine are still not showing, well not as a 6 pack anyway, more as a 4 pack! I needed to stop at this weight though as I was starting to look haggard so personally I just have to be happy with how they are (and post babies its more about excess skin than anything).

Lifting weights help but I really think its a genetic thing or else having to get to a very low weight. There's a great thread about flat stomachs floating about the forums but I can't see it right now to post the link - perhaps someone else will? its something like 'so you want a flat stomach'.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and I'm currently around 119 pound, you can see the the outline of my abs now. I've been as low as 114 and the definition was a little better. I'm currently working on leaning out after a mini bulk and I'm wanting to see my abs (like a 4-6 pack, not just the outline), my guess is it will be around 110 pounds.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 just under 140 and have a 2 pack. It could be that you might not "have" abs b/c you haven't built abs (not that you aren't "skinny" enough to have visible abs).
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Even at my skinniest and fittest, there wasn’t any clear definition of my abs. I was super strong and definitely had a strong core, but I didn’t eat or work to be super lean.
  • sugamonstaa
    sugamonstaa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I just have a layer of fat. I think maybe when I reach the weight I was a few years ago I would start showing. Hopefully.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    AoifeFitzy wrote: »

I have rock hard abs from strength training, but the only way they will ever be fully visible is if I have skin surgery.
    The top of them are visible but the rest hidden by the skin.
    For most people though it's more about bodyfat%.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I had visible abs at 118. After a few bulk/cut cycles and some recomp, I have visible abs now at 124.
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    At 112 lb my abs were visible (I’m 5ft 4). I’m back up to 123lb now after having another baby and they’re not visible