Options
1235»

Replies

• HollyPFlax
    HollyPFlax Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    smarziii wrote: »
    HollyPFlax wrote: »
    It sounds like you are similar to how I was when I first started. I was logging food inaccurately, but lying to myself. I didn't want to admit that I was eating so many extra calories. We tie so many emotions to food. It can feel shameful to really admit to yourself that you are overeating by a lot. One day, after a long plateau, I was able to realize what was going wrong. I clearly was mistaken about my daily intake. I promised myself that I would no longer hide food from my diary - it wasn't open anyway, what was I afraid of? It was shocking to see just how many places unnecessary calories would creep into my day. They are everywhere in the modern world. It was a challenge to actively train myself to stay away from those extra calories. A piece of chocolate at work, a spoonful of peanut butter, a single slice of cheese... But I kept up with my logging and eventually got the hang of it! I lost 50 lb and I've been on maintenance for a year. I still track (I will gain if I don't), but I it is so easy now. You can do it, too, just stay diligent!

What weight did you start out at? this is really motivating!

I'm 5'7 and my starting weight was 177. My initial goal was 150 and once I got there, I reassesed. I weigh 128 now. There were a lot of challenges along the way. Vacations, plateaus, holidays, etc. But once I was completely determined to lose the weight, I always found the motivation to get back on track.

Let me tell you, I feel so much better physically these days. Vanity was a big aspect of why I started, but it doesn't even matter to me much any more. I sleep fantastically, I have tons of energy, and I feel strong. I didn't even know that I wasn't feeling my best at my highest weight. This weight loss most likely added a few years to my life!

It's going to take a long time. It's not an easy process. Please come back here and chat with us if you're feeling a loss of motivation or need to get back on track. We are more than happy to help other people get healthy. : )

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I ate 1900 yesterday because i am trash lol

You're not trash, but if you're eating almost 1000 calories over your goal, yes, that means you're not going to lose weight. The deficit needed for 2 pounds a week would be 1000, so you pretty much negated that.

Would you be willing to open your diary so people can help you?

She had 1900 calories for the day. How do you get 1000 calories over goal from 1900 calories for the day?

If you will reread my post, you see I said ALMOST.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    @annpt77 OKAY i hear ya now. If i wanted to lose 40 pounds, its going to take me 40 weeks?

Or perhaps longer. It is understandable to be frustrated with the time scales it can take, but 40 weeks are going to pass regardless of your weight, might as well make reasonable progress during it.
    As others said, the leaner you get, the slower one can really lose.
  • smarziii
    smarziii Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @annpt77 OKAY i hear ya now. If i wanted to lose 40 pounds, its going to take me 40 weeks?

Or perhaps longer. It is understandable to be frustrated with the time scales it can take, but 40 weeks are going to pass regardless of your weight, might as well make reasonable progress during it.
    As others said, the leaner you get, the slower one can really lose.

I think I tend to forget how happy I'll be when 20 pounds is off.
  • smarziii
    smarziii Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was able to hit my target of 1500 calories. and got my fat intake in ....with an Oreo Mcflurry......I don't feel like I'm restricting myself because of yesterday and now it feels WAY more sustainable.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I was able to hit my target of 1500 calories. and got my fat intake in ....with an Oreo Mcflurry......I don't feel like I'm restricting myself because of yesterday and now it feels WAY more sustainable.

Yay for moderation and sustainability!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Awesome! Well done!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm going to implement everything this next two weeks and really put in the effort to stay on track and log consistently. If I don't lose weight, can you guys look at my diaries to see where I went wrong.

That sounds so much better: You can do this! It's a learning process . . . . ;)