Options
2»

Replies

• X5452JONDY
    X5452JONDY Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Sometimes meat just tastes bad because of the way it is raised and processed and what is added to it. It may be that you can find a healthier option and you will like the taste better. Especially if you are not eating lots. I live overseas with very skinny but delicious chicken, etc and I find meat in America to be tasteless at times.

I live overseas as well, in japan. While the meat here is processed better and tastes better, i had the same issue with meat while in the states.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    djinn924 wrote: »
    Reading through this thread I see allot of mis-information so instead of going through it all I will sudjest you look up Dr. Berg on YouTube. He has an abundance of good information and you can judge it for yourself. By the way his moto is ‘you don’t loose weight to get healthy, you get healthy to loose weight’ and I for one am a big believer in that so if you want to feel better just learn as much as you can about creating healthy habits the rest will follow.

Dr. Berg? You mean the chiropractor reprimanded by the Virginia board of medicine for sharing falsified information and making dangerous medical claims? The guy who has no formal training in nutrition and uses his title of Dr. to purposefully trick people into thinking he's qualified to share the information he does?

I'll pass.....

It's amazing how people will trust anything that anyone with a Dr. in front of their name says. They automatically think that "because they are a doctor they must be an amazing doctor" and "because they are a doctor they must be experts in every single field of medicine." But have you guys met many doctors? Even the ones who are good in their field are not close to being knowledgeable on every aspect of medicine. Nor should they be. Just being a "doctor" does not mean that they know any more about weight loss than your average MFP poster.

I really like my doctor and he is really thorough most of the time. However, the very first time I saw him he suggested a way of eating that would have caused me to fail. Luckily I had already been losing weight for several months and I knew better. He wasn't the first medical person to give me bad weight loss advice and was not the last.

• moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to keto, i have been on and off it for years and I have done a ton of reasearch, but my issues i cannot seem to find answers to. I know keto is meant to be a lifestyle not a diet and not something to go on and off of, but when im doing keto i get horrible food aversions. I get extremely sick just thinking about meat ( beef, chicken, pork, etc ) let alone trying to eat them and i love meat. I get nauseous thinking about eating eggs and dairy as well. What i find weird is i love eating all these foods when not 'on keto' so i don't know if its all in my head. After a few days of forcing myself to eat i feel gross with all the fats im eating. My macros are 5/25/70 and I've played around with them with the same results. I feel sick, oily, foggy headed, heavy and gross while on this diet, which is completely opposite to others experience. This lasts for months, so its not keto flu. I want to stay on this way of eating because all the health benefits and i can only seem to lose weight on keto, but it seems my body doesnt like this lifestyle, any advise?

Just for clarity, that is 5% carb, 25% protein and 70% fat right?
  • X5452JONDY
    Options
    moe0303 wrote: »
    I'm not new to keto, i have been on and off it for years and I have done a ton of reasearch, but my issues i cannot seem to find answers to. I know keto is meant to be a lifestyle not a diet and not something to go on and off of, but when im doing keto i get horrible food aversions. I get extremely sick just thinking about meat ( beef, chicken, pork, etc ) let alone trying to eat them and i love meat. I get nauseous thinking about eating eggs and dairy as well. What i find weird is i love eating all these foods when not 'on keto' so i don't know if its all in my head. After a few days of forcing myself to eat i feel gross with all the fats im eating. My macros are 5/25/70 and I've played around with them with the same results. I feel sick, oily, foggy headed, heavy and gross while on this diet, which is completely opposite to others experience. This lasts for months, so its not keto flu. I want to stay on this way of eating because all the health benefits and i can only seem to lose weight on keto, but it seems my body doesnt like this lifestyle, any advise?

Just for clarity, that is 5% carb, 25% protein and 70% fat right?

Yes!
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hmm...It could possibly be a sodium deficiency, or maybe it's just not the right way of eating for you. I would say maybe looking into the sodium thing or to just listen to your body and give something else a try. Keto isn't the only way to eat healthy.
  • X5452JONDY
    Options
    Hmm...It could possibly be a sodium deficiency, or maybe it's just not the right way of eating for you. I would say maybe looking into the sodium thing or to just listen to your body and give something else a try. Keto isn't the only way to eat healthy.

Thank you! Yes, i have played around with sodium and different supplements with the same results. Im just going to stick with clean eating and portion control.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options

I also feel gross when I get too much fat.

Maybe it's the high fat that's making you feel gross and your brain is misinterpreting it as a problem with meat? Signals get crossed for me all the time. I feel hungry when I'm actually thirsty; I think I want carbs when I actually want protein, etc.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

This was what I was thinking too. Keto flu is a sodium deficiency. If one does not get enough, keto flu may not go away. Midt ketoers need at least 3000-5000+ mg if sodium a day. For some, that's going on to 3 tsp of salt a day. (2300mg sodium =1tsp salt)

Symptoms if low sodium are fatigue, moodiness, brain fog, nausea and stomach upset, headaches, BM issues, muscle weakness and aches and eventually muscle spasms. If you decide to do keto more, aim for close to 3 tsp of salt a day.

Keto should not typically cause negative symptoms. People are meant to metabolize fat. If doing do creates negative physical symptoms, there may be something wrong (like low sodium).

But there is not a need to eat keto to lose weight if you prefer other foods, unless it is medically prescribed.