Not an endorsement at all, a question

Options
Banks01
Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
Has HealtyTrim worked for anyone here? Really?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    If a pill truly made you lose weight, I have a feeling you wouldn't see many obese people out there because everyone would take the magic pill.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have found there is no magic pill out there. Living a healthy, not dieting or taking a pill, will get you to where you want to go. Probably doesn’t help, does it?
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    If a pill truly made you lose weight, I have a feeling you wouldn't see many obese people out there because everyone would take the magic pill.

I agree; pills usually work, but it's only temporary....the weight will come right back. The journey should not be only about losing weight, but getting healthy. Good luck!
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    No magic pills, only lifestyle changes....Seriously if any of the crap they advertised on TV and such worked, why would anyone need to eat right and exercise. Good Luck :-)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way I just wanted to tell you my experience...

a couple yrs ago I decided that I was gonna lose weight by taking a tablet, after having no medical problems before taking it (other than being overweight) I took it for about 2 weeks and after that my blood pressure SHOT UP and my resting heart rate went up over 250, and I was at risk of a heart attack. At 17 yrs old!
    Please don't do it. You can do it the healthy way, it's the only way it's gonna stay off for the long run.

Feel free to add me or inbox me if you'd like :)
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't know that product, but agree with the first responses.

If there are really solutions that work, everybody would do them.

The last FDA certified magic pill unfortunately caused massive liver and other issues and had to be pulled. It provided a statistically significant weight loss over normal methods alone.

Pills that increase metabolism, contain lots of fiber, reduce water retention, and/or reduce appetite might give short term gains...but I don't put much stock in them over the long term.
  • Banks01
    Options
    I agree with all of you. I do not know anyone that's had success with that particular product but I do have a friend who has friends that have.

I'm not considering it, as a matter of fact, my morning smoothie is all i need (I gave up caffeine, that wasn't easy).

No shortcuts, just trying to get it done!
  • Banks01
    Options
    I don't know that product, but agree with the first responses.

If there are really solutions that work, everybody would do them.

The last FDA certified magic pill unfortunately caused massive liver and other issues and had to be pulled. It provided a statistically significant weight loss over normal methods alone.

Pills that increase metabolism, contain lots of fiber, reduce water retention, and/or reduce appetite might give short term gains...but I don't put much stock in them over the long term.

what about the B complex stuff? I take that daily, there's a pic of it on my profile.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you. I do not know anyone that's had success with that particular product but I do have a friend who has friends that have.

I'm not considering it, as a matter of fact, my morning smoothie is all i need (I gave up caffeine, that wasn't easy).

No shortcuts, just trying to get it done!

Have you ever noticed that little disclaimer that accompanies EVERY weight loss pill advertised? It says, "*Along with diet and exercise."

My guess is if you leave the pill out and do the other two, you'd have the same results. And that's probably what's happening with your friends' friends.
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm so not an expert on this, but will try.

Your picture shows B vitamins with a lot of healthy food, that's very good.

B complex vitamins are fairly easy to come by in food, so if you eat the right things, you won't have issues even without supplements.

Also, being water soluable, any excess will flush through if your body can't use it. (You can't overdose, but you also get no benefit beyond a certain point.)

Personally, I still take a "one a day" type supplement, because I don't eat that well in terms of varieties of vegtables and fruits....figuring that my body will ignore what it doesn't need, and will pick up some of what it does.