So how do you use a food scale with MFP?

Options
Thank you to everyone for some great input. Please help- i have the food scale now but how do I use it and add the info in my diary? So i had 171 g of black beans and corn for example. How do i add that to my diary? Please help!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh them separately?

Search “black beans”. When you find them, enter the # of grams they were. Search “corn”. When you find it, enter the # of grams it was.
  • phoolonkirani
    phoolonkirani Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I go into food- lunch and then when i enter the food it comes up with a measurement already like 1 cup so i usually just change the cup size. But i am unsure how to log the grams into the preprogrammed foods?
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    You'll need to look for entries that already have grams as an option in the drop-down menu (being sure to check them against the USDA's database for accuracy) or make your own entries from scratch using the USDA database or the nutrition label of your food. Something I did when I was using a scale was just figure out what percentage of a cup or box or whatever I'd eaten, but that only works if you have a nutrition label that reads like "serving size 1 cup (115 grams)" -- from there you can figure out that, say, 57 grams is .5 of a 1-cup serving and log it that way without needing to enter grams, but that doesn't work for unlabeled foods.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    What I do is type in the search, for example, "carrot grams". A previously entered list will come up.