Goodbye Keto.

chloemj23
chloemj23 Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone. While Keto worked great for me, it wasn’t sustainable for *me* long term. I stopped Keto i’d say a week before Christmas and have put on 10 lbs even after eating healthier but with carbs included. I’ve been struggling to lose the weight however I do feel that most of it is water weight knowing how quickly I piled it back on (I for sure wasn’t eating 3,500 calories a day.. i’d say about 1,500-1,700 the most?)

Has anyone had success losing water weight quickly without eating Keto? I love carbs and just can’t ever decide to not ever eat it. I’ve switched to whole grains but still have the occasional treat on the weekends.

I’d say I got spoiled and addicted to the fact I know I’m able to lose water weight by 1 lb a day while being on Keto but Keto just isn’t for me. How fast have you lost water weight? Anyone else piled on weight during the holidays and lost it quickly? Anyone else tried Keto but switched to healthier eating and didn’t like the weight back on? If anyone is open to being friends with an open diary feel free to add me, I would love some motivation!

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    can you eat low carb, I eat 100 gr of carbs a day or less and I lost 30 lbs in 5 months. I could not do keto.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    No. But why does this matter? It's not fat. It's water weight.

+1

Unless it is an amount that is high enough to cause blood pressure issues which need a doctor's visit it is normal to carry it. Weight is lost at the same rate you just may have to wait a little longer for new low weights on the scale.