5’3 ladies, what weight did you see abs at?

I know it all depends on your body, but just curious how many of you started to see defined abs and at what weight?

6 years ago when I was 24, I had abs around 118-120. With going back to school and working I let my weight increase to 138-140 but I’ve managed over the year to steadily get it back down. My family is doing a biggest loser challenge so now I’m down to 130 lol. Now I’m turning 30 and I definitely feel the metabolism slowing! Slowly but surely. Ugh it’s hard trying to balance this.

Replies

• BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    I'd say that defined abs is as much about doing strength/resistance training to build the muscle as it is weight?
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    AoifeFitzy wrote: »
    I'd say that defined abs is as much about doing strength/resistance training to build the muscle as it is weight?

You can have the strongest, biggest Abs going but you'll not see them under a layer of fat. Look at strongman competitors or power lifters. Super strong cores but you don't tend to see thier Abs as typically they're not lean enough.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    The abs will show when your body weight reduces more - I'm 5ft 2 (and 1/4" :smile: ) and I'm afraid that at 124lbs mine are still not showing, well not as a 6 pack anyway, more as a 4 pack! I needed to stop at this weight though as I was starting to look haggard so personally I just have to be happy with how they are (and post babies its more about excess skin than anything).

Lifting weights help but I really think its a genetic thing or else having to get to a very low weight. There's a great thread about flat stomachs floating about the forums but I can't see it right now to post the link - perhaps someone else will? its something like 'so you want a flat stomach'.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    I'm 5'2.5" and I'm currently around 119 pound, you can see the the outline of my abs now. I've been as low as 114 and the definition was a little better. I'm currently working on leaning out after a mini bulk and I'm wanting to see my abs (like a 4-6 pack, not just the outline), my guess is it will be around 110 pounds.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I'm 5'3 just under 140 and have a 2 pack. It could be that you might not "have" abs b/c you haven't built abs (not that you aren't "skinny" enough to have visible abs).
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Even at my skinniest and fittest, there wasn’t any clear definition of my abs. I was super strong and definitely had a strong core, but I didn’t eat or work to be super lean.
  • sugamonstaa
    sugamonstaa Posts: 88 Member
    Thanks all. I just have a layer of fat. I think maybe when I reach the weight I was a few years ago I would start showing. Hopefully.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    AoifeFitzy wrote: »

I have rock hard abs from strength training, but the only way they will ever be fully visible is if I have skin surgery.
    The top of them are visible but the rest hidden by the skin.
    For most people though it's more about bodyfat%.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    I had visible abs at 118. After a few bulk/cut cycles and some recomp, I have visible abs now at 124.
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    At 112 lb my abs were visible (I’m 5ft 4). I’m back up to 123lb now after having another baby and they’re not visible