Advice wanted!!

Options
Hi all, I'm after some advice, words of wisedom and possibly a little encouragement!

I have been dieting using myfitnesspal for about 3 month now and i do love it and find it so easy. It has been very successful and i have lost weight and changed body shape a great deal. However, now i seem to find myself stuck in a rut! I know it wont always be easy but im still trying to under my calaries and keeping my fitness up but nothing seems to be doing anything at the mo.

Anything else people can suggest othe than the obviously decrease calaries more and increase fitness??

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    try increasing cals. change up your workout routine and food as well. your body is used to this lifestyle at this point. time for a change!!!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I think you should post progress pictures and let people see what you see. Its a good ego lift and keeps yah motivated ;)
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    try increasing cals. change up your workout routine and food as well. your body is used to this lifestyle at this point. time for a change!!!

Agreed. Make some changes to your routine.
  • cnichols2056
    cnichols2056 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have heard for the best results, you should be on a strict diet for 2-3 weeks then let yourself splurge for a week (and not go crazy splurge but you know have an ice cream or something higher in calories that you dont let yourself have one a night for a week). This will kick your metabolism back into gear. When you are on a diet for too long your body tends to get familar and starts to plateau. If you shock it with more food every once in a while it tends to wake back up and become more active.

Hope this helps. :)
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Try not to go under your recommended cals. This could slow your progress. Also, I agree, make some changes to your routine to keep your body challenged. Your body may have already adapted to the stress demands you're currently placing on it.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options

Again, agreed :) Your body is set on what it thinks you should weigh ~ an frankly it doesnt care whether you like it or not, all it cares about is doing what it can to keep you at that weight, so you have to trick it ~ which is why you have to change your routine and what you eat and when you eat
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Definetly agree on more calories, here is where I was. I was on a 1530 daily calorie goal, and when I started P90X( muscle work) they wanted me to up my calorie intake to 2400. I was very skeptical but did it. That was 6 pounds ago. I didnt believe it till I saw it for myself. Now I am eatng great and still working my butt off.