Day one.. AGAIN

Options
Back again 🙈like a yo yo. Hoping to get back down to 9st 5 by June. Here’s hoping! Useless at sticking to any plan 🙄

Replies

• jacquiann1
    jacquiann1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes I know that feeling. I've turned vegetarian & finding it cleansing & healthier than heating up ready meals ! I'm returning to my ceroc dancing, ( after a year off from a hip replacement.) I can't do strict diets so trying to eat sensible portions & exercise, that's the only way I lose weight.
  • clairelouisehewer
    Options
    I think eating sensibly is the way to go! Dropping the ready meals will be beneficial I’m sure, less sodium 😊
  • DaleShields1504
    DaleShields1504 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yesterday was my first day back on here since may, stopped drinking alcohol and opened a gym membership yesterday too need to get rid of this dad bod im 30!
  • kso729
    kso729 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and about 30 lbs over. I've been here before. Just need to stick with it for once. Hopefully this is it!
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I've been struggling with my weight for the last 12 years. I think I've finally got a handle on it now. Switching to a different antidepressant medication was the #1 key. But the weight loss stalled out a couple months ago so I stopped drinking alcohol about 3 weeks ago and began losing again. It's slow: 18 pounds in 16 months with 7 lbs to go, but that's OK.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Back again 🙈like a yo yo. Hoping to get back down to 9st 5 by June. Here’s hoping! Useless at sticking to any plan 🙄

Well welcome back. I hope you can find something that doesn't feel as restrictive as it has in the past. A lot of it is about your mindset, so think about this: It's not a race, June is great but if it doesn't happen by then, then it'll happen some other month, so long as you don't quit. You don't have to give up everything that you love, just find the mix of macros that makes you feel satisfied while in your calorie deficit. Don't let a number on a scale determine your actions for the day. And most importantly of all, it doesn't matter how slowly you go, so long as you keep going. Good luck to you!
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose to get to your June goal?
  • Elfy_66
    Elfy_66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm back again too. I've been at Slimming World for the past 18 months, and lost 2 stone 4 pounds in the first 6 months. Then for the last year I've been stuck. Loose a pound, gain two, loose two pounds, gain one. Feels like I'm in a nightmare where whatever I do, the scales read the same!
    So I quit SW, and I'm back here to try again.
    Trying not to eat back any exercise calories, although I'm only exercising once a week at the moment (which I think is a hangover from SW). Also trying (and succeeding) to rid myself of an awful "weigh day" binge habit that developed while I was doing it.
    Honestly, you could write a book...
  • pootle69
    pootle69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Omg this is so me! Lost 4 stone with SW and then got stuck, got demotivated and put a stone back on!

So am back to calorie counting, and it seems to be working.