Home workouts.

Options
Have decides against joining gym to save cash. I have a lovely little spare room/libary to work out in but netflix is downstairs tempting me. Any recommendations to motivate me till working out gets fun again?

Replies

• maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Well. I’ve dropped 40lbs going into my unfinished basement 3-4 times a week. Music helped me. I made it feel like an hour or so of jamming to music. And I took lots of pics when starting to track progress visually.

My cardio was jumping jacks. About 700 a night was my peak. And I started progressive lifting with barbells and a weight bench. That was it.

Hope this helps. What I learned is you don’t need much, except for desire and discipline.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    That's why I have my exercise gear near the tv. It helps to have a big living room.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I use Fitness Blender and Pop Sugar Fitness for cardio and strength training routines. Yoga with Adrienne for yoga. I also run so I get the majority of my cardio in that way. I find it's most motivating if I set fitness goals, then I feel like I'm actively working toward something and enjoy planning out my workouts and tracking my progress. Currently, I'm training for half-marathon. It also helps when I find new workout videos. I get bored if there is too much repeat so sometimes I'll just browse YouTube for something I think looks good and add it to my library.

I've also used Daily Burn in the past and really loved it but it does cost $15 a month but it's still cheaper than most gyms. And you get a new workout every day plus they have a bunch of different programs you can do.
  • lizzieanne2002
    lizzieanne2002 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Have requeated dumbells for birthday so hopefully i can get lifting again
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    darebee.com is a good source :)
  • lizzieanne2002
    lizzieanne2002 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i love darebee