Murrieta Mud Run or Survival Mud Run (Lake Elsinore)

Options
Hi all! I'm from Temecula, CA and want to sign up for one of these mud runs and looking for someone who may want to do it with me. I don't know a single person willing to do this with me in my real life, and while I have no problem running a 5K or whatever race on my own, I think this would just be such a better experience if someone else were to do it also. So basically I'm asking if anyone would like to sign up with me? It's not that we get a better deal for signing up together or anything like that (unless we form a 4 person team) but I just want to share the experience with someone who will enjoy it as much as me. There's also a Del Mar mud run in the coming months if you would rather do that instead. I'm game for any of them! I just really want to do it. Chances are that I will sign up for one of them regardless, but you know, it's so much more fun together! :bigsmile:

Replies

• KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That sounds fun, but I don't think I am at the same physical level as you just yet :tongue: not sure if I'd make it through the course...

I have always wanted to do a mud run, but have been too out of shape. I am working on it, so maybe one day here soon.

I love Temecula btw... the mall is fantastic compared to Escondido. Good luck with the run! :drinker:
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I live in Victorville and I'm doing the San Bernardino Sheriff's run this Saturday. I did the Warrior Dash in April. If you don't mind having a partner that can't get to you every weekend, I would be happy to message you and we can compare notes and stuff.

They are loads of fun!
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oooh, this sounds like tons of fun!! Though I am not quite sure what it is all about. I'll take it its not as extreme as Tough Mudder? Anyhow, I live in Riverside, but I might not be able to meet up very often if thats all right? When is this mud run?
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I would love to do one of these mud runs. However, I'm currently not in running shape...but I'm working on it. Do they run all year? I've heard of them, but haven't really paid much attention. Maybe I can be ready by September if they're still having them.

I'm in San Diego.
  • Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    Options
    When is it? kittytrix told me about one but I just haven't gone out and done one. It sounds super fun though. What is the website address?
  • skinney1357
    Options
    I live in Temecula and am SO interested in this! I am definitely signing up for the Lake Elsinore Survivor Run (that's in October, right?) but I wasn't aware of the Murrieta one. There is also a 5k in Anza coming up soon too. I definitely need a buddy! I tried to get my husband to run with me but he only lasts about 2 miles. I currently run about 5 miles everyday and my farthest run has been 9 miles. Add me and we can chat!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I would love to do one of these mud runs. However, I'm currently not in running shape...but I'm working on it. Do they run all year? I've heard of them, but haven't really paid much attention. Maybe I can be ready by September if they're still having them.

I'm in San Diego.

Actually that is perfect! Both the Murrieta mud run and survival mud run are in September and I believe the del mar mud run is in October. You can find all the information on active.com
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    ok I just need to find a good deal on a flight.....jk, sadly I wish
  • kittytrix
    Options
    I have tracked down a bunch of them in the area and I will post links.

http://www.gladiatorrocknrun.com/where.html

This on is in Nov.

http://www.active.com/running/devore-ca/sbsd-mud-run-2011?int=29-21
    I'm dong this one on Sat.
  • kittytrix
    Options
    I have tracked down a bunch of them in the area and I will post links.

http://www.gladiatorrocknrun.com/where.html

This on is in Nov.

http://www.active.com/running/devore-ca/sbsd-mud-run-2011?int=29-21
    I'm dong this one on Sat.
  • kittytrix
    Options
  • Angela4Health
    Options

I can't do the Irvine one in July because I'm already running a 5K in Oceanside that day, but the Survival Mud Run is the one I'm really interested in signing up for, and there's one other person who's in for sure for that one.
  • Angela4Health
    Options
    bump
  • Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    Options
    Damn! Seems tough. I need to prep for something like this. I still got a ways to go but I definitely want to try this someday.
  • kittytrix
    Options
    Damn! Seems tough. I need to prep for something like this. I still got a ways to go but I definitely want to try this someday.

I did it and I'm still overweight. I'm sure you'd be able to finish easy.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Today and tomorrow, registration for Survival Mud Run will be at the cheaper price.
  • exercisesucks
    Options
    Edorice and I may be down to do the run with you!
  • shanndigity
    shanndigity Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im planning on doing the Survival Mud run in Lake Elsinore If anyone would like to join me message me!!!!!!!!
  • celiason81
    celiason81 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job guys! I'm so jealous! I am from Lake Elsinore but live in WA now. I did a foam/mud run here end of June, and am looking for one in Sept/Oct as I'll be in better running shape then, and can't find much up here. Have a great time in your runs guys!!