Baby Steps...

Options
Since April, my hubby and I have been trying to lose weight. While I got down for a bit, my weight shot back up. I've been using MFP for a week and lost weight this week - for the first time in far too many months. I only lost about 2 1/2 pounds, but that small step is so exciting. Thanks to all of you who share motivational stories which have inspired me! I now know that I actually CAN do this.

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    keep with it, its just math, meet your calories, be honest with portion sizes and the weight will drop off, and have fun!
  • precioushope
    precioushope Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 pounds for one week is amazing. i have just lost five pounds and i have been on this sense june. i have major health issues going on right now so my life is definitely baby steps. i celebrate each pound lost. i was in a car accident and am able to do 3 minutes of exercise at a time. i celebrate those three minutes.
    i am 58 so things will go slower.

do not measure this success by pounds lost but by keeping track of eating and exercising. moving and enjoying. good luck.
  • craftzilla
    Options
    Precious hope, I'm so sorry you can only exercise about 3 minutes at a time; i'm glad, though, that you can celebrate those minutes. As I got ready for my workout today, I said a prayer for you...sorry if that sounds cheesy. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer. Good luck to you as well in your weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!