Protein shakes

Options
I have acquired a vast amount of protein powders from my older brother. I have been adding almond milk but has anyone tried just using water?

Replies

• Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Yup some are good with plain old water. I recommend experimenting with protein powders. I've made Frappuccino like concoctions, used flavored water or water enhancers to change up the flavors. Orange and Vanilla protein can be like a dreamsicle. There are really no limits to what you can do with it, don't be afraid to be creative.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes, I make mine with water
  • joelucky777
    joelucky777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think water works great with some protein powders. Its also a nice way to lower calorie intake. I would recommend less water than you would use milk, or just add more powder to adjust to your liking, and I like to use very cold almost icy water. Just try it.
  • natsrobinson88
    natsrobinson88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I make mine with water and it is so good and infind easier to drink as it's not as thick .
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yeah i will use water when cutting back on fats! or use ice and milk / skim milk
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Dilvish wrote: »
    Careful though...most of these products are not tested or regulated by the government and can contain some nasty ingredients. They do more harm to the body than good. https://health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-hidden-dangers-of-protein-powders

Do yourself a favor and consume natural sources of protein instead.

Whey is a natural source of protein xD