Keeping Focused

Options
Any tips for keeping the eyes on the prize? I feel silly saying this, but all the great reasons I have for wanting to lose weight seem to fly out the window so easily. It's like a form of ADD. Maybe it IS attention deficit disorder. All I can tell you is that when I am really tired it happens. And sometimes I pick up food and start to nosh without really thinking. I guess if I clean house that will help. Any other ideas?

Replies

• hagalenalb
    Options
    :smile: Don't know what your goals are but this helps me. I have insperational quotes around the house."you may have to fight a battle more than once to win it" "Just when the catapillar thought the world was over he became a butterfly" all else fails the marines have a good one 'pain is fear leaving your body." Also set a goal even if it's short term. I'm going to do a marathon when my son gets back from afghanastan with him. so for me to do that I need to workout and lose the weight. If he can go to war i can lose the weight adn do a marathon. hope this helps.
  • lux1990
    lux1990 Posts: 6
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel that taking walks helps me. Once I get out in the fresh air, I feel refreshed within myself, and then more determined to stay on track. If you're craving or feeling restless and food seems like the only way to entertain you--walk! Or just exercise. Stand up from your desk and just walk outside for a few moments and take a deep breath. Anyway to get the blood flowing again and your mind off the treats.
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I polish my nails or put on a mud mask... can't eat either way :)
  • hillseale
    hillseale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals out for the day before you eat anything. That way when you get ready to snack (or just feel like eating something) you can see that you already have a meal/snack planned and you just need to wait.