Question

Options
Around the beginning of the year I gave up crisps to help a friend/collegue do the same. I ate at least a packet a day and am still crave salt n vinigar on the way home.

I have done super well, only had one at a charity monthly game and I think one a month is fair. When I just want something tasty i have a cookie which is about a third of the calories and I can stop at just one since I'm more of a salt than sweet person.

My question is... Why is my skin breaking out? I had averge skin as a teen now I'm plagued by inflamed red spots. There's pus in them and face masks help but could they be being caused by such a darastic diet change of going from 2/3 a day to 1 a month? And if so will it go away on it's own.

I know it makes no sense but I've heard of similar effects when people suddenly give up refined sugar and I was once told by my orthadontist that it was impossible for birth control pills to cause ulcers but they miraculously went away when I changed brand.

Any ideas? They look awful and are sore.

Replies

• panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Is that the only thing you changed in your diet? Are you working out more? If you are working out more, youbcould be sweating more causing the breakouts. Drastic diet changes can bring them on too, but if it’s just the chips that seems an unlikely culprit. Are you getting enough sodium overall in your diet? Many people worry about too much, but it is actually necessary for your body, so too little can cause side effects as well.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Acne is often blamed on diet. But, it is almost always a hormone issue.
  • lizzieanne2002
    lizzieanne2002 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i did go off birth control but that was over a month before this started. I'll give it a couple of months to see if it regulates then visit doc and see about going back on pill. My diet has gradually improved so maybe my hormones are re-aligning or something