Peppermint Tea and bloating

Options
Someone had posted a question about peppermint tea earlier and someone mentioned it should help with bloating. Do you know how much you would have to drink to help with bloating??

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I find it does help, I usually start to feel less bloated after one cup .
  • BethWilliams24
    BethWilliams24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup a day, sometimes more, and find it definitely helps with bloating. I’m gluten intolerant as well, and find that if I am accidentally glutened, it helps with the bloat and the cramping
  • emilyk12342019
    emilyk12342019 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have IBD and suffer terribly with bloating. Peppermint tea doesnt help me much tbh but peppermint capsules help alot. You have to take them after every meal.
  • LovelySavannah
    LovelySavannah Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think it helps very well with bloating. Lemon ginger tea helps me too. One cup is usually all it takes to start working.
  • lcdube01
    lcdube01 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups a day. One at 11am and another at 3pm.Before this I was almost always bloated and I've noticed a massive difference now :)
  • smcurtis1981
    smcurtis1981 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea makes me feel worse. I use Sweet Fennel essential oil mixed with a carrier oil massaged onto my stomach, always feel better within 10 minutes.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've been working with some stomach issues for the past year or so and peppermint tea almost always soothes. I've now replaced coffee entirely with it and just drink peppermint tea in the mornings (along with an afternoon cup sometimes).
  • lucyluvhandles
    lucyluvhandles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like drinking dandelion tea instead. I find that it helps with my bloating.