Any women lose down to the low end of their BMI range?

If so, please share your pictures/stats/stories.

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I only ever get down to 23 sorry. During the average bmi range, I measure my waist and once I'm less than 80cm I stop trying to lose weight.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Yes I did at one point, however it was not a good look for me. I lost a lot of muscle, had no glutes and shape and was not very happy. So I gained (bulked) and looked and felt much better.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yes I did at one point, however it was not a good look for me. I lost a lot of muscle, had no glutes and shape and was not very happy. So I gained (bulked) and looked and felt much better.

Sorry I can't edit but I got to bmi 18.9. Now I am around 20.7 (which is my profile pic)
  • lisa8454
    lisa8454 Posts: 8 Member
    I lost down to 18.6, and lost my butt; there was still some fat there, but it was deflated and not attractive. My chest showed my ribs and sternum a little too much, and my arms looked insect-like with so little fat to smooth out the muscles. I began to get self-conscious. I look my best at a BMI of 20-21 (height: 5'3.5, small frame but wide, square shoulders. Somewhat hourglass shaped when heavier, more athletic shaped when thinner).
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    I have always preferred to use body composition, or % lean body mass instead of BMI.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited February 2019
    I got down to within a few # of the bottom (5-7”/120–bottom of BMI is 118). I liked it, looked healthy, but could only hang in that low for a few months. Now sitting at BMI of 21 trying for 19 (125#).
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    lisa8454 wrote: »
    I lost down to 18.6, and lost my butt; there was still some fat there, but it was deflated and not attractive. My chest showed my ribs and sternum a little too much, and my arms looked insect-like with so little fat to smooth out the muscles. I began to get self-conscious. I look my best at a BMI of 20-21 (height: 5'3.5, small frame but wide, square shoulders. Somewhat hourglass shaped when heavier, more athletic shaped when thinner).

I looked just like that at 18.5!
    Am currently working on a lean bulk combined with a progressive lifting program and luckily starting to look much fuller and have some muscle to show for now.
    Aiming for 125 lbs at 5'6. Will see how that looks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!