Zumba? yes or no?

Options
I am debating whether or not to try out Zumba. Has anyone here done it? Is it a good work out? Is it challenging? I am not out of shape, so will I be bored out of my mind?

Replies

• skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    DO IT what kind of a question is that?!?! its SO much fun :D loud music and you feel super hot doing it <3
  • witchymama77
    witchymama77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! it is great for all levels!! try it.. you'll love it!!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes!

i'm gonna pop my DVD in right now... :-p
  • jocelynpotter
    Options
    Zumba is fun! It is high impact aerobic activity, for the most part. If you haven't done it before, you will be challenged. There are lots of different moves to learn and it takes a few times to get those down pat.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Heck Yes. Zumba is fun, and challenging and a great work out! x
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    It's amazing! I take a HRM and it burns around 600 calories for an hour-it's sooo much fun!
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba. A beginner's one mind you. I wore my heart rate monitor to see how much of a workout it was. after an hour i'd only burnt 200 calories or so which is nothing for that amount of time. So i gave up. It was fun though.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Are the classes typically all women? I'm also interested but would want to bring my bf along for the ride. Don't want him feeling like the odd MAN out.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the DVD's but the class experience is awesome! Do it! At least once!
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I swear by it. Probably the only reason I have lost the weight at all. I really enjoy the routines and it keeps me pushing through it.
  • badcook21
    badcook21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's a great workout if you have a good instructor. So if on your first day you don't find it challenging, try a different instructor before calling it off.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You have to try it!!!!!!! Super fun....However the teacher does make a difference. We have two teachers at our gym, one is a party girl and super fun! The other alittle more instructional. Great work out either way....unless the class is too full...which happens with our party girl teacher.

Have Fun ~ Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    DO IT! you'll love it.. it's sooooo much fun! I play on the wii all by myself and still have a blast :laugh: I can burn about 400 cals in 40 minutes
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am desperate to try it, I have been trying to for 8 months now, but there are no classes round here at any times I can do.
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    YES ALL THE WAY. I just started last week but want to go every single day. I work up a sweat within 5 minutes and feel soooo good after. It's tons of fun too, which makes it even better (the fact that I was mad when I was unable to go means it's GOTTA be good!).
  • stephanie_88
    Options
    I love Zumba! Been doing it since March and I'm not bored yet. There are 4 instructors at my gym so there is variety in style. It's as challenging as you make it. You can take small steps and not do much with your arms or you can throw yourself into it and over exaggerate the movements. I even use 3 lb dumbells for some of each class. I'm always a sweaty mess when I leave so I'd say it's a good workout.
  • RachelHeeps
    Options
    I love Zumba! I do it twice a week, really can't get enough of it! It's one hell of a work out but very very very fun!! highly reccomend :D x
  • Hay8824
    Hay8824 Posts: 3
    Options
    DO IT!! Zumba is amazing!! it makes me feel soo good :)
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Its SO much fun! Its like going to the club to me. I love it! I was nervous at first but I did it anyway and I had the time of my life! It's an amazing workout too. After an hour I was drenched in sweat but I had so much fun that I didnt realize I had even been exercising! So I say DO IT!!! :)
  • abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    I love Zumba. I usually burn around 1080 calories in a 1 hour class. It's all in what you put into the class- some people don't break a sweat, but I'm usually soaked by the time it's over.