Absolutely no will power

Options
Out of 4 kids 2 of them had birthdays this last week. So that's 2 birthday cakes I had to make. (I have a twin and vowed to never have my kids share there birthday. I hated it.) I was smart and left the first one for employees at the restaurant we went to. The second one is currently sitting on my dinning room table. And it's very hard to fight the urge to eat the whole thing! I love cake! Like I'm that kid from the movie Matilda when it comes to cake. Thankfully I have been able to advoid it for about 36 hours. And I have been working out in my living room. The room thats next to my dinning room. Where the cake is. On the table. Mmmm cake. Cake is good.

Lol. Please don't judge me. I work out for it. And I work out for coffee.

Replies

• guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    omg cake is my weakness. No harm in having a slice, then either freezing the rest or just chucking whatever is left over and not eaten. I totally get it though. I can't stop myself around anything sweet or carb-y, so that's great that you have the willpower to avoid it :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with coffee. It’s all the calorie laden things you put into it. As for the cake, have it, log it, and move on. Eat less the next day if you go over.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I’d just have some cake. You don’t have to totally deprive yourself of foods you enjoy and you probably aren’t making cakes every week. So cut yourself a small piece. Eat it, log it, move on.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Next time you could make a smaller cake so there aren't many leftovers.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    As others have said, cut a piece, log it, eat it - and enjoy it. How about getting the 4 kids to have some more too, so that it all goes?
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    No judgment here... I have cake for breakfast sometimes to make sure I get it in calorie-wise ;)

I have a family too, and though I've definitely scaled back on the baking, I'm not in for the torture of making something for the family and denying it to myself. To be sure, this process would be easier without kids & a hubby to feed (with a calorie allowance that's double what mine is), but it is what it is. The key to success is learning how to incorporate these indulgences within the scheme of an overall healthy and calorie-appropriate diet.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ha, I'm the same way with cheesecake :# If you really want a piece I'd just factor it into your calories (even if it bumps you into the maintenance range for one day), and then either freeze the rest for later, or have the rest of your family take what they want and then throw out what's left. I've thrown away leftover desserts numerous times. Many times a recipe makes way more than is realistic for us to eat, in moderation.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    I'm seeing some particularly strange uses of the "woo" button on various threads today...

Just an FYI, "woo" is intended to be used to question the scientific validity of an idea. Some mistakenly use it as a cheer- "woohoo". If you're using it to signal disagreement, it's always helpful to explain why, otherwise how does a person learn anything? ;)

I have a new woo stalker, I imagine they account for mine at the moment :laugh:
  • mjolnir81
    mjolnir81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Honestly just eat the cake. I find it hard to control myself with things like cake so I often make them on a Sunday evening, log the calories for a lovely big slice of cake (my hubby and kids have some too) then I take it to work on a Monday and share with my colleagues. That way, I'm not having to find the calories for like 700 cals worth of cake every day!

It can be fit in to calories now and then for sure. I have chocolate most days to be honest. My favourite are malteasers, only 187 calories but I make them last ages on an evening so they feel a really nice treat.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    OK so I'm nosey......what happened OP?
  • tburgardt
    tburgardt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    OK so I'm nosey......what happened OP?

I Definitely ate the cake! 🤫 But I did go to work and had a somewhat healthy dinner. I had salad and grilled chicken. But I caved and had a small order of fries.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I also adore cake and can eat it all. The best thing is to make cupcakes for the birthday and then everyone gets one and it's finished. Not a cake that you eat after dinner every night for a week.

If cupcakes don't interest the birthday girl or boy, a pie or whatever else they want, that can be divided up.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I also adore cake and can eat it all. The best thing is to make cupcakes for the birthday and then everyone gets one and it's finished. Not a cake that you eat after dinner every night for a week.

If cupcakes don't interest the birthday girl or boy, a pie or whatever else they want, that can be divided up.

This doesn't solve any problems for me. I'm not going to the trouble to bake 4 cupcakes for my family... I'm using a full-batch recipe. ;)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    If you can burn the calories and then eat them back in cake I say go for it. Otherwise, divide the cake up into smaller containers and give it to the kids, friends or neighbors or anyone you see today to get rid of it. Either that or put it in the garbage and pour dish soap over top of it or raw chicken juice.