Back at it AGAIN ... looking for friends.

Options
I just started logging again a few months ago. After having another baby in October I haven’t been feeling the greatest about myself or my body. Between kids & working full-time I find it so hard to make it to the gym. I started with small changes, logging everything I eat. I’ve been losing, but every day is a new day with new challenges. I would really like to meet people to help inspire & keep me motivated this time. Please feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kristina! Congrats on the new addition! We all have the challenges of finding time between kids and work and everything else, but little by little, we can make positive changes for the long term! Sounds like you're already on the right track! Cheers to you! :)
  • KristinaNichole86
    Options
    Indeed! Thank you so much :)
  • Kekew1
    Kekew1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also back at it again. I am looking for friends and inspiration too. I lost 80 pounds about three years ago and have since gained 20 pounds back. I want to lose it and keep it off! So congrats and you can do it!
  • brett553
    brett553 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, just back at it over here too👋 my weight has gone up and down over the last 20 years. 18 stone at my heaviest and 12 and a half at my lightest. I've always found logging my food and exercise to be helpful and a great motivator. I'm a week in and the scales are already moving in the right direction WOOHOOOO!!😃
  • KristinaNichole86
    Options
    Added! We got this! Love this energy!
  • jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mfp is a great place to find tons of support ⭐️⭐️⭐️Please feel free to add me 🙌👍😃
  • WayLessWendy
    WayLessWendy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm trying this thing again as well. I'm guilty of letting myself go after having kids and have spent the past couple of years trying to just maintain the weight I've gained but this year I'm looking to actually lose the weight and love to connect with other people in the same boat.
  • KristinaNichole86
    Options
    Sounds just like me. Added you! This will be our year!!! Sometimes back tracking happens, but never giving up is what makes the difference.
  • SusanArmyStrongMomOfTwo
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me :)
  • kettlebell_Addict305
    Options
    🙄
  • BobRaffaele70
    BobRaffaele70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Hang in there!
  • Vilinee
    Vilinee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m also back at it again, day 4 for me. My goal is to lose fat, gain muscle and strength, and eat better. I started doing cardio workouts and strength training as well as committed to the “No Sugar Challenge” and drinking 80oz of water daily. I’m doing good but could use more support and accountability. I’ve added you Kristina.
  • geniebear4
    geniebear4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, about the back at it again anyway. I am having problems because I am 64 years old and it is hard to change habits after all these years. I am not a healthy eater because I don't like a lot of vegetables or fruits, that is my biggest problem. I am going to just try to cut back my portion size and exercise which hopefully will help. I got a recumbent bike and am going to start riding that at least 20 minutes to start with. Hoping for some friends to help me stay motivated. Hoping this time it will work. Thanks for listening to this rambling. Good luck to all of you on your own personal journey.

"DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T EVER GIVE UP!" (Jimmy V)
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome on the new baby! I totally here you about losing weight after having kids! Everybody lets do this journey! I will send you a friend request! Anybody else feel free to send me a friend request for motivation and support.
  • KristinaNichole86
    Options
    Thank you! The struggle is real, but we can get there!!! 😊
  • sarahanne1206
    sarahanne1206 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!
    It is great to see I'm not the only one trying to juggle work, kids and trying to get healthy. I have been telling myself since LAST January I would get motivated to workout and eat healthier. I just started a healthier diet last week and started the gym yesterday. I also need friends to keep me motivated and who are on the same journey as me. I have about 75 lbs to lose. We got this girl!
  • richardmarez
    richardmarez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    need some friends also
  • steph_is_happy
    steph_is_happy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you! The struggle is real, but we can get there!!! 😊

Hi! I tried to add you but my app is absolutely ridiculous sometimes, and it just will not let me! Ha. I’m always looking for new friends to help motivate, and to help keep me going as well.
  • aliciacarmen1994
    Options
    Hi! I started exactly a year ago my journey for weight loss, after struggling with it all my life (still am, as you can see) , i lost from january to june 80lbs. I have always been a binge eater and specially after my daughter I really found myself a little depressed and basically eating my emotions away, it wasnt until my daughter was 1 that i said enough is enough, and basically lost a lot of weight. But as I love eating I had gained like 10 more lbs after when I found out I was pregnant again, unfortunately, i lost this baby at 13 weeks about 10 weeks ago which also left me a little depressed and about 30 more pounds than i was previously, now I am around 40 founda heavier than I was at my skinniest and Im trying to keep motivated. Would love to make some friends along the way that could help me keep in track!!!
  • cooldude1077
    cooldude1077 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m also back at it again with it being just day 2! I’m already struggling to not give into temptations like cookies and over eating my calorie goal. it’s hard but I really want to look and feel good. Any advice to help motivate me or anything? Can anyone relate?