Hey :) A short introduction...

Options
Hello all,

Although I have had MFP for a while now, I’ve never properly kept up with it and never ventured into the message boards.
After having a little nosey through some posts I’ve decided it may be helpful for me to introduce myself, get some friends on here and get a bit more involved with posting. I’m hoping it will help keep me from giving up when I feel rubbish on my down days.
I’m Rebecca, I’m from England in the UK and I am 27 years old and like most people on I have an issue with my weight.
I’m a binge eater and a yoyo dieter and just struggle to maintain a healthy weight.
I’m 5ft 9” (175cm) and at my largest I was 304lbs. The smallest I’ve ever been was 172lbs. And I am currently 288lbs.
I struggle with my emotions and as soon as anything stresses me out, upsets or angers me – I go straight to food.
I have a very unhealthy relationship with food and only managed to get to my lowest weight by being far too strict with myself and developing bulimia.
I started doing some personal training strength sessions at the start of November and I am quite enjoying them. I have a horse, so am fairly active and I also enjoy walking my dog.
Thanks for taking the time to read an introduction to my story. If anyone is in a similar situation please feel free to add me on here as I’d love to get some help and hopefully be a support to someone else too.
Looking forward to chatting with some of you!

Some pictures of my ever chaning weight.....

4g5flqtl8fjx.jpg
8dqyuk4uaynd.jpg
jblqj4b4h9jk.jpg
0692grjivo6i.jpg
zkhgrvgu7poe.jpg
zvobn0p902zx.jpg

Replies

• tezzmakk
    tezzmakk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You shoul try keto its really easy to stick with long term and results are really good
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    tezzmakk wrote: »
    You shoul try keto its really easy to stick with long term and results are really good

If im honest im not 100% on what Keto is. I should probably do some reading and find out if it suits me or not. The thing is I hate veg and love carbs so i'm scared it wont be sustainable for me and will make me want to binge more.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! So why not showing your real beauty? Giving in to food is not worth it! I, for one, like the feeling of being in control, cos that makes me stronger! Also, on long term, you'll benefit health-wise from sports and a healthy diet. I am a strong believer, like TavistockToad , that you don't need to "diet", just minimize the crap, cause that consumes your calories allotment while leaving you hungry. But decent treats fit perfectly fine in a normal lifestyle. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • tezzmakk
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »

If im honest im not 100% on what Keto is. I should probably do some reading and find out if it suits me or not. The thing is I hate veg and love carbs so i'm scared it wont be sustainable for me and will make me want to binge more.
    13ecca4 wrote: »

Your basically just swapping carbs with fat its pretty much goes against everything youve ever been told instead of havin skimmed milk in your coffee gou have double cream full fat butter in stead of low fat ectra cheese instead of none. Ive lost six pounds in five days
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Your basically just swapping carbs with fat its pretty much goes against everything youve ever been told instead of havin skimmed milk in your coffee gou have double cream full fat butter in stead of low fat ectra cheese instead of none. Ive lost six pounds in five days

But you haven't lost six pounds of fat in five days - you will have lost a lot of water weight. Also, there is nothing magic about the keto diet, you may well be eating full fat instead of low fat but at the end of the day you must be taking in fewer calories than you are expending in order to lose weight.
  • tezzmakk
    Options
    Hooliekom wrote: »

But you haven't lost six pounds of fat in five days - you will have lost a lot of water weight. Also, there is nothing magic about the keto diet, you may well be eating full fat instead of low fat but at the end of the day you must be taking in fewer calories than you are expending in order to lose weight.

Obviously its not all fat 65% of hour weight is water so any weight loss will be majority water and i know keto isnt its just easy to maintain compared to othdr diets. I have bacon n scrambled eggs for breakfast it feels like a cheat day not a diet. I was just trying to recommend something that worked for me.
  • Johndu76
    Johndu76 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello from Scotland, happy to add you 😁
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!!
  • luckymommy27
    luckymommy27 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well lucky for you, you're gorgeous either way. You can do this!! Add me if youd like
  • jada_tho
    jada_tho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Girl we got this! I have struggled as well it’s such a challenge
  • jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You’re beautiful in all your pictures 💗 Mfp is a great place to find tons of support. I’ve been super motivated ever since I reached out to the mfp community ⭐️ Please feel free to add me 🙌👍😃
  • yelgirweoj
    yelgirweoj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it!