Trying again! Need encouragement

Options
Morning all! For me my head space is the problem and i am trying to turn it around. 30,40 and 50 passed me by and i have yet to accomplish my goal of losing weight.
I’m going to try and log my food everyday, drink 32 ounces of water daily which is not a lot but to me it’s huge because i hate water ;( and exercise. Self love .... journaling some self love too daily. I’m so used to thinking “it’s not for me. Being healthy and thin is for other people” and i need/must change this. Follow me and encourage please!! All welcome. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Replies

• AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Lets do this! I try to drink 32 ounces of water a day to! Send me a friend request and anyone else!
  • elisa122598
    elisa122598 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will try to do right now. Just because i read this i am going for my second 16 ounces of water!
  • Therese73
    Therese73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me to I hate wataching everything I eat especially when I am a carb ohilic lol. But I need to do this and make life changes. I would love to be into exercise but I hate it and can’t find anyone who will do it with me so I can stay motivated
  • elisa122598
    Options
    I’m obsessed with yoga and it actually is exercise but so much more. Maybe try a class one day. I actually like to do it alone , exerchse: because it’s hard for me to commit to someone else’s schedule and coordinate times. I support you!
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    ...drink 32 ounces of water daily which is not a lot but to me it’s huge because i hate water ;(

I could never get used to drinking plain water in the colder months. But, for the past week, I've been putting 0 cal flavored drops in my water - and it really makes a difference. I went from a little water to 9 or more cups a day.
  • Cartagenita
    Cartagenita Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiiii!!! I’ll join you! I def need a ton of encouragement ! I go back and forth from using MFP! But I need a weight loss social media app that encourages me and there are others like me that struggle that I can connect with .
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Don’t worry about hitting a specific number of ounces of water. What matters for weight loss is a calorie deficit. How much do you have to lose? How many lbs did you tell MFP you want to lose each week?

The best advice I can give you is to keep at it. There are some days and weeks where you won’t lose, and times when you may gain even though you’ve done everything right. Don’t despair. Trust the process and keep going. You can do it!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,381 Member
    Options
    I can drink water out of my water bottle but not a cup, don't know why. I also put either a little lemon juice, aloe vera juice or a little of tea I make. I love tea
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I actually stopped drowning myself in water. I'm not sure anymore that it's "all that".
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the February, 2019 UAC group https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/130876-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2019

New members are accepted up till the 7th of the month - then the group becomes private until ~ a week before the start of the next month. It is a very welcoming and supportive group.

It is a great place to develop self-awareness / accountably habits and shift yourself towards a new sustainable lifestyle. Works no matter what your food plan, exercise strategy, or where you are on your journey (everyone from just starting to nearing goal weight to maintaining for years now)

We have a raft of brand new members also starting this month, a crew that are only on their second month with us, and more than enough olde-timers who can guide you through your transition period.

Hope to see you there.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    All I can say is what worked for me and that was to take is SLOW. At age 61 finally accepted that what I did to lose weight was what I'd do for life so I started making small sustainable changes and added one or two as those became habit. Have lost over 85 lbs AND kept it off for almost 6 years.
    BTW, a great site w/very supportive community is SparkPeople.com. I still track my food here but find the articles and community there very helpful.
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll be 40 this year I have finally start the journey of loving myself. I try to post inspiring quotes and have my diary open and try to support and encourage all my friends here.
  • elisa122598
    Options
    I wish i knew how to follow people. I can’t figure it out. I’d love to!
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I wish i knew how to follow people. I can’t figure it out. I’d love to!

Click on their name then click on their name again the click the people symbol
  • elisa122598
    Options
    Let me try
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    try drinking mineral water, it tastes better. Yeah i am back to logging too. I suppose i cant lose weight without it. Got back to daily-every other day stationary cycling. i am 30+. Gotta lose it before dying of heart diseases, 11 years overweight :), i lost 1kg after logging for a week. I guess its CICO all the way.
  • elisa122598
    Options
    I agree it’s all
    About the consistency which I’ve failed to complete year after year after year. For me it’s all about the health as well. My joints hurt too. Looking better wouldn’t help either !
  • usmcgirlfriend0724
    Options
    ...drink 32 ounces of water daily which is not a lot but to me it’s huge because i hate water ;(

I could never get used to drinking plain water in the colder months. But, for the past week, I've been putting 0 cal flavored drops in my water - and it really makes a difference. I went from a little water to 9 or more cups a day.

I drink a lot of Mio and lemon in my water...I hate plan water...I am trying to drink more plain water but I use the mio a lot.
  • jenedavis4
    jenedavis4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have trouble drinking plain water. I use Stevia flavored drops. They have vanilla and orange flavored. You can find them in aisle at grocery store by sugar. Good luck!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    drinking is drinking (more or less) so you don't have to force plain water down your through. 32oz of diet soda (or pretty much any drink) will be the same hydration wise as 32oz of water.